Export to target language-Xliff

I would like to export my finished translation to target English. I know I asked this before but can't find my posts.

A bilingual review is fine as well but I'd also like to send a unilingual doc.

You can send me a video link if there is one. I believe it was in Batch tasks but not certain which to select.

I'm still a bit of a rookie in creating my own projects! Sorry if I've repeated my question.

Thanks and kind regards!

[edited by: Paul at 9:47 PM (GMT 0) on 26 Nov 2022]
emoji
Parents
  •  

If you only have one file the easiest way to do it is simply press Shift+F12 when the file is open in the Studio Editor.

But can also use batch tasks...

Trados Studio screenshot showing Batch Tasks menu with arrows pointing to 'Export files' and 'Generate Target Translations' options.

Both of these will do it.  But the downside (for me anyway) is that this action also closes the project and you need to "Revert to SDLXLIFF" to get it all ready to work on gain with all the available features.  You'll find this when you right-click on a file:

Trados Studio screenshot displaying right-click context menu with an arrow pointing to 'Revert to SDLXLIFF' option.

I've never really understood the point of this at all!

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 8:59 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
  •  

If you only have one file the easiest way to do it is simply press Shift+F12 when the file is open in the Studio Editor.

But can also use batch tasks...

Trados Studio screenshot showing Batch Tasks menu with arrows pointing to 'Export files' and 'Generate Target Translations' options.

Both of these will do it.  But the downside (for me anyway) is that this action also closes the project and you need to "Revert to SDLXLIFF" to get it all ready to work on gain with all the available features.  You'll find this when you right-click on a file:

Trados Studio screenshot displaying right-click context menu with an arrow pointing to 'Revert to SDLXLIFF' option.

I've never really understood the point of this at all!

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 8:59 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
Children