Trados Studio 2021 term recognition only shows first occurring source synonym if multiple synonyms in source sentence

Here is another strange behavior related to the term recognition. I am beginning to unterstand frustration of so many Trados Studio users that I have read about in this Community.

Here is how Trados Studio term recognition fails now:

1. There is a termbase included in a project with an entry with several source synonyms.

2. There is a source sentence where two of these synonyms appear.

3. Both terms apparently are recognized because they both have a red line above them in the Trados Studio Editor.

4. In the term recognition window, however, only the first occurring synonym in the source sentence is shown.

When working like a professional translator does (fast), you will not be aware that the second synonym in the source sentence is actually in the termbase as a synonym.

The ideal term recognition would show all recognized terms of the source sentence, regardless of whether they are synonyms in the same entry or not.

emoji
Parents
  •  

I am beginning to unterstand frustration of so many Trados Studio users that I have read about in this Community.

We all do... but it's never enough to post like this without some means for us to reproduce the problem, or even understand a little about your specific environment.  For example:

• I am using Trados Studio 2022 - 17.0.5.14757 and MultiTerm 2022 - 17.0.0.1685
    • I have a project, en(GB) to it(IT), with one termbase attached
    • the file I'm translating is a txt file
    • when I come across a sentence in the source that has more than one synonym all three are recognised correctly with red overlines
    • however, the term recognition window only displays the first occurring synonym as shown below
      **INSERT SCREENSHOT**
    • these are the termbase settings I'm using:
      Trados Studio project settings showing termbase search settings with options for minimum match value, search depth, term repetition threshold, and search order.
    • I can easily reproduce this with a small sample file that I have attached for you to test, and also a small termbase containing matching terms (both in the attached zip):
      7776.test_files.zip

If you can provide something like this then we'll have more to go on.  The reason I ask for this is because if you test with the files I provided that contain everything you have described you will hopefully see why I also didn't include a screenshot of the problem.  I cannot reproduce this:

Trados Studio editor with term recognition window displaying only the first synonym 'fonte' for the source term 'source' despite multiple synonyms being recognized in the text.

Admittedly this is a very simplified example, but how else can we test this and achieve the same result you do?

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 9:34 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
  •  

I am beginning to unterstand frustration of so many Trados Studio users that I have read about in this Community.

We all do... but it's never enough to post like this without some means for us to reproduce the problem, or even understand a little about your specific environment.  For example:

• I am using Trados Studio 2022 - 17.0.5.14757 and MultiTerm 2022 - 17.0.0.1685
    • I have a project, en(GB) to it(IT), with one termbase attached
    • the file I'm translating is a txt file
    • when I come across a sentence in the source that has more than one synonym all three are recognised correctly with red overlines
    • however, the term recognition window only displays the first occurring synonym as shown below
      **INSERT SCREENSHOT**
    • these are the termbase settings I'm using:
      Trados Studio project settings showing termbase search settings with options for minimum match value, search depth, term repetition threshold, and search order.
    • I can easily reproduce this with a small sample file that I have attached for you to test, and also a small termbase containing matching terms (both in the attached zip):
      7776.test_files.zip

If you can provide something like this then we'll have more to go on.  The reason I ask for this is because if you test with the files I provided that contain everything you have described you will hopefully see why I also didn't include a screenshot of the problem.  I cannot reproduce this:

Trados Studio editor with term recognition window displaying only the first synonym 'fonte' for the source term 'source' despite multiple synonyms being recognized in the text.

Admittedly this is a very simplified example, but how else can we test this and achieve the same result you do?

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 9:34 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
Children