Error Studio 2022

Studio 2022 is not working because  "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: baseUrl. 

Thank in advance - Jola Durazzano

emoji
Parents Reply Children
  • I wanted to save the translated segment. After I read Article Number 000001417 and renamed the Trads folder to 'Ttrados Studio'. Now it works, but I have two Trados 2022.    

emoji
  •   

The reason I wanted to know what you were doing is because this helps to narrow down why it might have occurred.  So in your case the issue might be related to an outdated plugin still being in use:

https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000011647

That article was for 2019 but the same problem could occur in 2022 I guess.  It's really hard to know for sure unless you provide more information when you ask a question like this.  At the very least providing the full error message by attaching the error stack would be helpful:

Error dialog box in Trados Studio with a red cross symbol, displaying the message 'Value cannot be null. Parameter name: baseUrl'. There is a link to Knowledge Base Community at the bottom.

Click small disk symbol and you get an xml file that you can attach when you reply to the post, or preferably when you create your post.  This will also give us more important information such as the specific version of Trados Studio you are using, it may even mention the plugin if there is one causing problems etc.

Also, please don't click on "verified" when I suggest an answer unless it actually answered your question.  We use these statuses to filter on posts and if you mark it as a verified answer we may never even notice you posted.  We don't read every post!

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 10:12 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
  • Dear Paul,

there are notice when I click disk symbol: 

C:\Users\Jolanta\AppData\Local\Temp\sdlerror-2023130-18h36m32s.sdlerror.xml

C:\Users\Jolanta\AppData\Local\Temp\sdlerror-2023130-18h38m17s.sdlerror.xml

The folders are empty.

emoji
  •  

You can choose to put these files wherever you like.  Don't save them to your temp folder... save them to your desktop.

emoji
  • Sorry, Paul, but I don't understand. These file are empty, dove can I put these file? 

emoji
  •  

When the error occurs and you click on the disk symbol you should be given an opportunity to decide where to save it.  Don't save it to your temp file, save it somewhere else like your desktop.  Then open that file.  It should not be empty.

emoji
  • Hi Paul, my Studio 2022 still does not work, i.e. it works but does not save segments. I also saved 2 error files by clicking on the disk symbol, which I saved on the desktop. I can't, however, paste them to send them to you. What should I do? Do I work with Studio 2021 and leave Studio 2022 alone? Thanks in advance - Jola   Text of file of error:

<SDLErrorDetails time="30/01/2023 22:39:23">
    <ErrorMessage>Il valore non può essere null.
    Nome parametro: baseUrl</ErrorMessage>
    <Exception>
    <Type>System.ArgumentNullException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</Type>
    <ParamName>baseUrl</ParamName>
    <HelpLink />
    <Source>RestSharp</Source>
    <HResult>-2147467261</HResult>
    <StackTrace><![CDATA[ in RestSharp.RestClient..ctor(String baseUrl)
    in LanguageToolStudioPlugin.LanguageToolRestApiActions.LanguageToolRestApi.Check(String language, String text)
    in LanguageToolStudioPlugin.LanguageToolStudioPluginMain.CheckParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit, Boolean isBatchmode)
    in LanguageToolStudioPlugin.LanguageToolStudioPluginMain.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
    in Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Core.Utilities.BilingualApi.BilingualContentHandlerAdapter.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
    in Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Core.Utilities.BilingualApi.BilingualContentHandlerAdapter.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
    in Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.AbstractBilingualProcessorContainer.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
    in Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.BilingualApi.AbstractBilingualContentProcessor.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
    in Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.LocationMarkerLocator.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
    in Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.AbstractBilingualProcessorContainer.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
    in Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.FileExtractor.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
    in Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.TranslationEditor.SingleParagraphUnitBilingualParser.ParseNext()
    in Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.FileExtractor.ParseNext()
    in Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.MultiFileConverter.ParseNext()
    in Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.MultiFileConverter.Parse()
    in Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.TranslationEditor.SegmentVerifier.Verify(ISegmentContainerNode segmentContainerNode, IParagraphUnitContainerNode paragraphContainerNode, IFileContainerNode fileContainerNode)
    in Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.TranslationEditor.TranslatableDocument.VerifySegment(ISegmentContainerNode segmentContainerNode, IParagraphUnitContainerNode paragraphContainerNode, IFileContainerNode fileContainerNode)
    in Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.TranslationEditor.SideBySideDocumentEditingView.VerifySegment()
    in Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.TranslationEditor.Actions.AbstractConfirmSegmentAction.ExecuteActiveSegment()
    in Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.TranslationEditor.Actions.AbstractConfirmSegmentAction.Execute()
    in Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.CommandBars.SimpleActionExecuter.Execute(ActionData actionData)
    in Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.ResourceLoggingInternalCommandExecuter`1.ExecuteWithResourceLogging(TCommandData commandData, String message)
    in Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.CommandBars.ActionService.ExecuteAction(IAction action, ActionOrigin origin, Boolean allowToggle)
    in Sdl.Platform.UI.IgCommandBarDynamicActionMenu.Execute()
    in Sdl.Platform.UI.IgAbstractCommandBarActionMenu._menu_ToolClick(Object sender, ToolClickEventArgs e)
    in Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ToolBase.OnToolClick(ToolClickEventArgs e)
    in Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsManager.OnToolClick(ToolClickEventArgs e)
    in Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsManager.FireEvent(ToolbarEventIds id, EventArgs e)
    in Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ToolBase.OnToolClick()
    in Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.PopupToolBase.OnToolClick()
    in Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ButtonToolUIElement.DoClickProcessing(MouseEventArgs e)
    in Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ButtonToolUIElement.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
    in Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.ProcessMouseUpHelper(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
    in Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.ProcessMouseUp(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
    in Infragistics.Win.Utilities.ProcessEvent(Control control, ProcessEvent eventToProcess, EventArgs e)
    in Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsDockArea.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
    in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    in System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    in System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    in System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)]]></StackTrace>
    </Exception>
    <Environment>
    <ProductName>Trados Studio</ProductName>
    <ProductVersion>Studio17</ProductVersion>
    <EntryAssemblyFileVersion>17.0.5.14757</EntryAssemblyFileVersion>
    <OperatingSystem>Microsoft Windows 10 Pro</OperatingSystem>
    <ServicePack>NULL</ServicePack>
    <OperatingSystemLanguage>1040</OperatingSystemLanguage>
    <CodePage>1252</CodePage>
    <LoggedOnUser>DESKTOP-F9OK939\Jolanta</LoggedOnUser>
    <DotNetFrameWork>4.0.30319.42000</DotNetFrameWork>
    <ComputerName>DESKTOP-F9OK939</ComputerName>
    <ConnectedToNetwork>True</ConnectedToNetwork>
    <PhysicalMemory>8256208 MB</PhysicalMemory>
    </Environment>
    </SDLErrorDetails>

emoji
  • Ciao Paul, i saved error file of my Studio 2023, but i'm not able insert it here.  Thanks in advance - Jola

emoji
  •  

I just recovered your error stack from the spam filter.  It went there because you posted it s plain text into the thread.  There are two ways to add the error file to here:

1. attach the xml error file (copy/paste of a file won't work).  Do that by using the "Insert -> Image/video/file" feature in the small menu below where you are typing your reply, or
    2. use the "Insert -> Code" feature and copy paste it after selecting xml (just because the markup applied makes it easier to read)

I cut out your error message and inserted it as code so you can see what it looks like in your post above.

Now that we have it... note the references to "LanguageToolStudioPlugin".  The fact you see this tells me you have not applied the fix in the KB I gave you as this would probably have resolved your issue... or you did it and then added the plugin back in.  Please close Studio and delete these folders:

c:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Trados\Trados Studio\17\Plugins

c:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Trados\Trados Studio\17\Plugins

c:\ProgramData\Trados\Trados Studio\17\Plugins

Then download the ones you want and install them via the integrated AppStore in Trados Studio to make sure you have the correct versions for your version of Trados Studio.  If the problem reoccurs repeat it and don't reinstall that plugin.  We can then advise the developer of this plugin that you're having this problem.

emoji