Missing Import button - Need to convert mqliff and TMX TM into Trados

Hello! I have a double problem. A client sent me an mqliff file to translate and I have 2 problems:

- If I click on the green Trados icon of the mqliff file to open it in Trados, a window appears that prompts me to INSTALL Trados, while I have it already, of course, installed and open. Isn't this abasurd?

Then the client also sent my their TM, a TMX file, but when I try to activate it in the Project Settings, it is not even shown.

Looking for help, I found this tutorial:

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+convert+a+tmx+memory+for+Trados&newwindow=1&client=firefox-b-d&ei=zDBzZMvGNomQxc8PtOiykAc&ved=0ahUKEwjL3Inb6pf_AhUJSPEDHTS0DHIQ4dUDCA4&uact=5&oq=how+to+convert+a+tmx+memory+for+Trados&gs_lcp=Cgxnd3Mtd2l6LXNlcnAQAzIFCCEQoAE6CggAEEcQ1gQQsAM6CggAEIoFELADEEM6CAgAEIoFEJECOg4ILhCKBRDHARDRAxCRAjoLCC4QgAQQxwEQ0QM6BQgAEIAEOgUILhCABDoICC4QgAQQ1AI6DQguEIoFEMcBENEDEEM6BwgAEIoFEEM6GwguEIoFEMcBENEDEEMQlwUQ3AQQ3gQQ4AQYAToICC4QigUQkQI6FgguEIoFEJECEJcFENwEEN4EEOAEGAE6CAgAEBYQHhAKOgYIABAWEB46CAgAEBYQHhAPOggIABCKBRCGAzoECCEQFToICCEQFhAeEB06BQgAEKIEOgcIIRCgARAKSgQIQRgAUKoFWPQyYLE0aAFwAXgAgAGvAYgBvieSAQQwLjM4mAEAoAEBwAEByAEJ2gEGCAEQARgU&sclient=gws-wiz-serp#kpvalbx=_rEJzZPXgB52Jxc8PhpK0uAs_32

but when Paul says "click on Import" I have NO IMPORT BUTTON in my Trados window!! How is that possible?

I remember that I had it in the past. But now, even if I asl for Help, the button is shown in light grey (not clickable), as if the option was not available for me.

I have had a normal full and paid licence for decades... can someone help me understand what's happening?

emoji
Parents
  •   

If I click on the green Trados icon of the mqliff file to open it in Trados, a window appears that prompts me to INSTALL Trados, while I have it already, of course, installed and open. Isn't this abasurd?

What's absurd is that the mqxliff file has a green Trados icon.  You seem to have somehow managed to associate the files for other applications with Trados Studio... possibly you have adopted the process of double clicking files to cause them to open in an application and probably even telling windows to use this as the default application.  MQXLIFF files are memoQ bilingual files and the best way to work with them, and also with any file you wish to translate, is to open them from Trados Studio and not double click them.

You should probably go through your file associations and remove Trados Studio from anything that doesn't have sdl at the start of their name.

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-change-file-associations-in-windows-2624477

Then work in a more consistent way, always starting from Studio.  If you want to use proper Studio projects you ned to work this way anyway.

Then the client also sent my their TM, a TMX file, but when I try to activate it in the Project Settings, it is not even shown.

I guess you mean you want to select the TMX and do a quick upgrade.  This functionality was removed a few versions ago and probably won't come back.  So to use a TMX the best approach is to create a new TM and import it.

but when Paul says "click on Import" I have NO IMPORT BUTTON in my Trados window!! How is that possible?

Probably because you didn't select the TM you wish to import into.

emoji
  •   

If I click on the green Trados icon of the mqliff file to open it in Trados, a window appears that prompts me to INSTALL Trados, while I have it already, of course, installed and open. Isn't this abasurd?

What's absurd is that the mqxliff file has a green Trados icon.  You seem to have somehow managed to associate the files for other applications with Trados Studio... possibly you have adopted the process of double clicking files to cause them to open in an application and probably even telling windows to use this as the default application.  MQXLIFF files are memoQ bilingual files and the best way to work with them, and also with any file you wish to translate, is to open them from Trados Studio and not double click them.

You should probably go through your file associations and remove Trados Studio from anything that doesn't have sdl at the start of their name.

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-change-file-associations-in-windows-2624477

Then work in a more consistent way, always starting from Studio.  If you want to use proper Studio projects you ned to work this way anyway.

I guess you mean you want to select the TMX and do a quick upgrade.  This functionality was removed a few versions ago and probably won't come back.  So to use a TMX the best approach is to create a new TM and import it.

Probably because you didn't select the TM you wish to import into.

emoji
Children