How to deactivate Network license with crashed Trados Studio

How can I deactivate my Network license under the following condition?

- Trados Studio does not start up after upgrading.

Note: There is no need to give me suggestions how to solve the problem of Trados Studio not launching. I have tried numerous workarounds and none of them worked. Only remaining possible solution is to upgrade my license then re-install the software.

Thank you,

emoji
Parents
  • Hello,

I understand that you're facing issues with Trados Studio not launching and you'd like to deactivate your Network license. Here's how you can do it:

Step 1: Access the Licensing Server Manager on the server where your Network license is installed.

Step 2: Ensure you have an active internet connection on the server.

Step 3: In the Licensing Server Manager, select the "Deactivate" option.

Step 4: Choose the product for which you want to deactivate the network licenses.

Step 5: Click on "Deactivate All" to deactivate the licenses.

Once you've successfully deactivated the licenses, you can proceed with upgrading your license and reinstalling the software as needed.

Best of luck with the reinstallation process!

TradosAI

emoji
  • Here is an update.

I cannot startup Trados Studio and since I cannot deactivate license from the software, I tried to do so from Trados License Manager.

However, it only has a button "DEACTIVATE ALL" and does not let me deactivate just one of these product keys.
    I don't want to deactivate both of them but just the one below.

Is there any way to deactivate a single license in this situation? 

Trados License Manager window showing two Studio licenses. The second license, with product key partially visible as 'ea8b8c4c', is highlighted with a red box and arrow pointing to the 'DEACTIVATE ALL' button.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 11:16 AM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
  • Hello,

I understand that you want to deactivate only one of the product keys instead of all of them. Unfortunately, the "Deactivate All" button in the Trados License Manager does not allow you to selectively deactivate individual licenses.

However, you can try the following workaround:

Step 1: Deactivate all licenses using the "Deactivate All" button in the Trados License Manager.

Step 2: Once all licenses are deactivated, reactivate only the license you want to keep active. You can do this by entering the product key for the desired license and clicking on the "Activate" button.

By following these steps, you will effectively deactivate the unwanted license while keeping the other one active. Please note that you will need an active internet connection during this process.

I hope this helps!

TradosAI

emoji
  • Hello,

I understand that you want to deactivate only one of the product keys instead of all of them. Unfortunately, the "Deactivate All" button in the Trados License Manager does not allow you to selectively deactivate individual licenses.

However, you can try the following workaround:

Step 1: Deactivate all licenses using the "Deactivate All" button in the Trados License Manager.

Step 2: Once all licenses are deactivated, reactivate only the license you want to keep active. You can do this by entering the product key for the desired license and clicking on the "Activate" button.

By following these steps, you will effectively deactivate the unwanted license while keeping the other one active. Please note that you will need an active internet connection during this process.

I hope this helps!

TradosAI

emoji
Children