Autocorrect feature does not work for Arabic language!

Happy New Year to you all.
Please see the screenshots. They are self explanatory. Please also see the Autocorrect settings file that I created and failed to even import it and have no idea why! I followed the exact formatting of the settings file, so let me know if I am missing anything. The autocorrect feature does not work for Arabic language at all. 

Arabic SA Autocorrect List.zip

Screenshot of Trados Studio showing an error message 'Failed to read settings from import file. Check if the file is a valid AutoCorrect setting file.' with the AutoCorrect settings for Arabic (Saudi Arabia) open.

Screenshot of Trados Studio with the AutoCorrect settings window open for Arabic (Saudi Arabia) and a note explaining the AutoCorrect feature is not working for Arabic language.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 1:09 PM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply Children
  • I am sorry, but as per the video above, it does not work at all. I created a list using Trados and not by importing, and I chose replace as you type, but it does not work at all, I am sure of what I am saying Jesus, unless there is a catch that I am missing.

Sameh

emoji
  •  

I’m confused here.

The original error occurred when you tried to import an AutoCorrect file.

Now you are showing that AutoCorrect doesn’t work for the 1st entry. Is that correct? If so, this is a different issue than the first error above. Sorry, I can’t test it because I can’t enter Arabic characters. Could you please import and try the first entry with this settings file? It has only the first entries…

AR exported.zip

emoji
  • The Autocorrect feature does not initially work at all in Studio in Arabic language!! It only works in English language. I tested using Trados by adding manual entries and I tested with importing my entries after removing the duplicates and in both cases it does not work. Please see the video I have attached above previously. There were no errors during importing, whether the import file has duplicates or not, the duplicates have nothing to do with the fact that the feature does not work in BIDI languages. I hope it is clear now Jesus. I tested your settings file and it does not work still. 

emoji
  •  

I get the same error as you with the file you posted. With the stripped-off version, I don’t get any error. My bet was the duplicates. If there is something else, I don’t know...

Trados Studio warning dialog box stating 'Failed to read settings from import file. Check if the file is a valid AutoCorrect setting file.' with an OK button.

About the second issue (AutoCorrect doesn’t kick in), maybe   can help (I can’t type Arabic characters).

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 1:09 PM (GMT 0) on 29 Feb 2024]