Window "create a return package" does not shut down

Hello

Studio 2022 Freelance.

Window "create a return package" does not shut down.

tx

Cris

emoji
Parents
  • Hi, there. I seem to have figured out what was causing the problem. The only solution I've found (at least, it didn't happen since I did it) was reinstalling Windows while keeping the local files intact.

The problem was related to Outlook, just like other unsolved bugs with Trados. If you have it, notice that a gray icon on the system tray says "Outlook is closing," and it never finishes doing that. I didn't even know I had Outlook as part of Microsoft 365, as I never use it. If you need the Office suite and can't uninstall it, you're out of luck and need to reinstall Windows. Unless there's something you can do that I'm not aware of.

Now, I know RWS can't solve what seems to be an Outlook bug. What I can't understand is: Why not allow the option to disable the preparation of the return package to send it by e-mail? I've seen users saying Trados tries to open Outlook for them. Now this. If I don't use Outlook, how does that option help me?

emoji
  • Hi, there. I seem to have figured out what was causing the problem. The only solution I've found (at least, it didn't happen since I did it) was reinstalling Windows while keeping the local files intact.

The problem was related to Outlook, just like other unsolved bugs with Trados. If you have it, notice that a gray icon on the system tray says "Outlook is closing," and it never finishes doing that. I didn't even know I had Outlook as part of Microsoft 365, as I never use it. If you need the Office suite and can't uninstall it, you're out of luck and need to reinstall Windows. Unless there's something you can do that I'm not aware of.

Now, I know RWS can't solve what seems to be an Outlook bug. What I can't understand is: Why not allow the option to disable the preparation of the return package to send it by e-mail? I've seen users saying Trados tries to open Outlook for them. Now this. If I don't use Outlook, how does that option help me?

emoji
Children