Error importing package - how do I start again?

I'm using Trados Studio 2017. I got an error when trying to import a package. I deleted the files and tried to start again, but it didn't give me the option of where to save them, and just came up with an error saying the files at the location I saved them before couldn't be found. It's like it thinks the project is already there, but it isn't. I've deleted all the files, but I can't delete in Trados because it doesn't show in the project list. I've got Show all projects selected in all filter fields on the left-hand side, but it's not there. 

What can I do to start again and get this package open?

emoji
Parents
  • Hello,

I understand that you're having trouble importing a package in Trados Studio 2017. Here are the steps you can follow to resolve this issue:

Step 1: Close Trados Studio if it's currently open.

Step 2: Navigate to the location on your computer where Trados Studio projects are stored. This is typically in a folder named 'Projects' within the 'Documents' folder.

Step 3: Delete any files or folders related to the project you're trying to import.

Step 4: Reopen Trados Studio.

Step 5: Try to import the package again. When prompted, choose a new location to save the project files.

If you're still encountering issues, it might be due to a problem with the project templates. Here's how you can address this:

Step 1: Go to 'File' > 'Setup' > 'Project Templates'.

Step 2: Remove the template mentioned in the error message.

Step 3: Try to create a new project. If a new error is shown, remove that template too.

Step 4: Continue this process until you either do not get the error or all the templates are removed.

Step 5: Now re-add the templates in 'File' > 'Setup' > 'Project Templates' from the correct location.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

TradosAI

emoji
  • When I try to import again, I don't get the option to choose a new location for the files. 

emoji
  •  

I'm using Trados Studio 2017. I got an error when trying to import a package.

Do you remember which error?

Does restarting Trados Studio help?

If you're still encountering issues, it might be due to a problem with the project templates. Here's how you can address this:

Step 1: Go to 'File' > 'Setup' > 'Project Templates'.

Step 2: Remove the template mentioned in the error message.

Step 3: Try to create a new project. If a new error is shown, remove that template too.

Step 4: Continue this process until you either do not get the error or all the templates are removed.

Step 5: Now re-add the templates in 'File' > 'Setup' > 'Project Templates' from the correct location.

Did you try this from the AI?

emoji
Reply Children
No Data