TM is not updated

Dear all,

I tried all the possible options to update a TM. Nothing worked.

I created a new TM and imported an sdlxlif file containing the required segments. But it took only about 50 entries whereas the file contains approx. 200.

What could have happended? Do you have an idea?

Thanks!

Best,

Pia

emoji
Parents
  • Hello Pia,

I understand that you're having trouble updating your Translation Memory (TM). It seems like the TM is not taking all the entries from the sdlxlif file. Here's a step-by-step guide to help you resolve this issue:

Step 1: Instead of using the default import option, try using the 'Upgrade Translation Memories' option. This option is designed to handle larger and more complex TM files.

Step 2: To access this option, go to the 'Translation Memories' view in Trados Studio, right-click on the TM you want to upgrade, and select 'Upgrade Translation Memories'.

Step 3: Follow the instructions in the 'Upgrade Translation Memory Wizard'. This will guide you through the process of upgrading your TM.

Step 4: After the upgrade process is complete, try importing your sdlxlif file again.

Step 5: Once the import is complete, click on 'Details' to see the statistics of the import. This will show you how many entries have been imported into the TM.

If you need more information about the 'Upgrade Translation Memory Wizard', you can find it in the Trados Studio help or the online documentation.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

TradosAI

emoji
  • Hello Pia,

I understand that you're having trouble updating your Translation Memory (TM). It seems like the TM is not taking all the entries from the sdlxlif file. Here's a step-by-step guide to help you resolve this issue:

Step 1: Instead of using the default import option, try using the 'Upgrade Translation Memories' option. This option is designed to handle larger and more complex TM files.

Step 2: To access this option, go to the 'Translation Memories' view in Trados Studio, right-click on the TM you want to upgrade, and select 'Upgrade Translation Memories'.

Step 3: Follow the instructions in the 'Upgrade Translation Memory Wizard'. This will guide you through the process of upgrading your TM.

Step 4: After the upgrade process is complete, try importing your sdlxlif file again.

Step 5: Once the import is complete, click on 'Details' to see the statistics of the import. This will show you how many entries have been imported into the TM.

If you need more information about the 'Upgrade Translation Memory Wizard', you can find it in the Trados Studio help or the online documentation.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

TradosAI

emoji
Children
No Data