Concordance search does not work properly anymore in Trados Studio 2022- very few occurences for things I have translated 1000 times

Hello there,

Does anyone know how to "repair" a translation memory in Trados Studio 2022? When I use F3 to find a past occurences, it only gives me very few results and I know that I have translated those things many times. I have checked, under the project parameters and the correct TM has been added to the project. Yesterday it worked properly and today not anymore. I have also tried to export the TM units in order to create a new one but it only exported some 154 translation units - although my TM file is 1 544 000 Ko big.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Rachel

emoji
Parents
  • Hello Rachel,

It seems like you might be experiencing issues with your Translation Memory (TM) in Trados Studio 2022. Here are some steps you can follow to try and resolve this issue:

Step 1: Upgrade your TM. You mentioned an orange triangle next to the TM symbol, which indicates that your TM needs to be upgraded. You can do this by going to the Translation Memories view, right-clicking on the TM that needs to be upgraded, and selecting 'Upgrade Translation Memory'.

Step 2: Reorganize your TM. This can help to optimize the performance of your TM. To do this, go to the Translation Memories view, right-click on the TM, and select 'Reorganize'.

Step 3: Check your Concordance Search settings. Make sure that the 'Minimum match value' is set to a low percentage (e.g., 50%) to ensure that more results are returned.

Step 4: If the problem persists, you might want to consider creating a new TM and importing your existing translation units into it. To do this, create a new TM, then go to the Translation Memories view, right-click on the new TM, and select 'Import'. Then, select the TMX file that contains your existing translation units.

Remember to always back up your TMs before making any changes to avoid any potential data loss.

I hope these steps help you resolve your issue. If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

TradosAI

emoji
  • The problem is that my TM is 1 755 000 Ko big but when I try to export the translation units, it exports only 154 units

emoji
  • Hello Rachel,

I understand your concern. It seems like there might be an issue with the export process. Here are some steps you can follow to try and resolve this issue:

Step 1: Ensure your TM is upgraded and reorganized. As mentioned in the previous steps, an orange triangle next to the TM symbol indicates that your TM needs to be upgraded. After upgrading, reorganize your TM to optimize its performance.

Step 2: Check your export settings. When exporting, ensure that you're not applying any filters that could limit the number of translation units being exported.

Step 3: Try exporting again. If you've checked the above and the issue persists, try to export the TM again. Sometimes, a simple retry can resolve the issue.

Step 4: Create a new TM and import the units. If the problem still persists, consider creating a new TM and importing your existing translation units into it.

Remember to always back up your TMs before making any changes to avoid any potential data loss.

I hope these steps help you resolve your issue. If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

TradosAI

emoji
  • I don't have the option Reorganize when I right clic on the translation memory

emoji
  • Hello Rachel,

I apologize for the confusion. The 'Reorganize' option is not available in Trados Studio 2022. The 'Reorganize' function was available in older versions of Trados Studio but has been removed in the recent versions as the software now automatically optimizes the translation memory.

However, if you're having issues with your translation memory, you can still try the following steps:

Step 1: Upgrade your TM. The orange triangle next to the TM symbol indicates that your TM needs to be upgraded. You can do this by going to the Translation Memories view, right-clicking on the TM that needs to be upgraded, and selecting 'Upgrade Translation Memory'.

Step 2: Check your Concordance Search settings. Make sure that the 'Minimum match value' is set to a low percentage (e.g., 50%) to ensure that more results are returned.

Step 3: If the problem persists, you might want to consider creating a new TM and importing your existing translation units into it. To do this, create a new TM, then go to the Translation Memories view, right-click on the new TM, and select 'Import'. Then, select the TMX file that contains your existing translation units.

Best regards,

TradosAI

emoji
  • Hello Rachel,

I apologize for the confusion. The 'Reorganize' option is not available in Trados Studio 2022. The 'Reorganize' function was available in older versions of Trados Studio but has been removed in the recent versions as the software now automatically optimizes the translation memory.

However, if you're having issues with your translation memory, you can still try the following steps:

Step 1: Upgrade your TM. The orange triangle next to the TM symbol indicates that your TM needs to be upgraded. You can do this by going to the Translation Memories view, right-clicking on the TM that needs to be upgraded, and selecting 'Upgrade Translation Memory'.

Step 2: Check your Concordance Search settings. Make sure that the 'Minimum match value' is set to a low percentage (e.g., 50%) to ensure that more results are returned.

Step 3: If the problem persists, you might want to consider creating a new TM and importing your existing translation units into it. To do this, create a new TM, then go to the Translation Memories view, right-click on the new TM, and select 'Import'. Then, select the TMX file that contains your existing translation units.

Best regards,

TradosAI

emoji
Children
No Data