Error message 'An error occurred whilst trying to determine the file version' in Trados Studio 2022

Hi,

I am doing a review work and this happened. Please help. Thank you.

emoji
  • Hello,

I understand that you're encountering an error message in Trados Studio 2022. Here are a couple of solutions that might help you resolve this issue:

Step 1: Restart Trados Studio

- Save your current progress of translation.

- Close Trados Studio.

- Reopen Trados Studio.

Afterwards, the message may not appear anymore, because the closing process of Trados Studio saved all settings and changes properly.

Step 2: Recreate the project

If the problem persists after you restart Trados Studio, the project you are trying to open is most likely corrupted/damaged and requires to be re-created. During the recreation, you can:

- Run the Pre-translate Files batch task using the Translation Memory that probably already contains the previously translated segments.

- Or you can run the batch task Apply Perfect Match and use the SDLXLIFF files from the target language folder of your original project.

Step 3: Add file extension exceptions to your Anti Virus/Firewall list

To prevent the problem from reoccurring in the future, you can add file extension exceptions to your Anti Virus/Firewall list. The extensions that need to be added are *.sdlppx, *.sdlproj, *.sdlrpx, *.ttp, *.wsxz, *.stppk, *.sdlxliff.

I hope these steps help you resolve the issue. If you need further assistance, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

TradosAI

emoji