Trados 2022 - The SR2 has caused Trados to run incorrectly

Hi,

Since SR2 was installed, my Trados 2022 does not work correctly.

For example, when I open documents for Revision, the "search" and "undo" functions do not work.

I have to close and re-open the documents to correct the problem.

Thanks for your help.

Eric

emoji
  • Hello Eric,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with Trados Studio 2022 after installing SR2. Here are a couple of steps you can take to resolve this issue:

Step 1: Run a Repair Installation

1. Close all RWS applications.

2. Open the Control Panel:

- For Windows 7: Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.

- For Windows 8: Right-click on the screen at bottom-left corner and choose Control Panel > Uninstall a Program.

- For Windows 10: Right-click on Start > Control Panel > Select View by: Small Icons > Programs and Features.

3. Select Trados Studio 2022, right-click and select: Uninstall/Change > Repair.

4. Restart Trados Studio.

If the above approach does not solve the problem, you can reset non project-related settings:

Step 2: Reset Trados Studio Basic Settings

1. Close all RWS applications.

2. For Windows 7/8/10 you can directly copy/paste the following path in File Explorer, then press the Enter key on the keyboard, to reach the folder location below: C:\Users\%username%\App Data\Roaming\Trados\Trados Studio\

3. Rename Studio17 folder to Studio17_old

4. Restart Trados Studio.

If these steps do not resolve your issue, please consider reaching out to the RWS Support Team for further assistance.

I hope this helps and your Trados Studio 2022 runs smoothly again soon!

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  •  

About the CTRL+Z not working, see this post:  Shortcut CTRL+Z (undo) not working in Studio 2022

Maybe   can have a look at it, as there are 3 users experiencing this issue.

I didn’t notice the “Search” issue. You mean CTRL+F, right? Did the Find button on the ribbon work? Screenshot showing the 'Find' button on Trados Studio ribbon with a magnifying glass icon.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 4:51 PM (GMT 1) on 9 May 2024]