Spanish Word spell checker does not work correctly on words with accents

Hi all!

I'm using Trados Studio 2022 SR2 - 17.2.10.19084 and Office 365, both fully updated.

For the last few weeks, Word spell checker does not identify correctly words with accents in Spanish, so it marks the word as incorrect:

Screenshot of Trados Studio showing Spanish text with red underlines indicating spelling errors for words with accents.

The spell checker works fine in Word, so I really don't know what the problem is.

I'm using Hunspell until I can find a solution, but the thing is I have added so many words to the Word dictionary over the years, that using Hunspell feels like starting all over again.

Any idea what the problem might be and how to solve it?

TIA,

Marta

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 9:21 PM (GMT 1) on 9 May 2024]
emoji
Parents
  •  

The issue might have something to do with the language settings of the document itself which can affect the spell-checking functionality in Studio. Sometimes, Word files may be set to a different language than the actual text content, leading to issues with recognising words, especially those with accented characters. Maybe check these things out:

• Open the document in Microsoft Word (hopefully the problem is occurring with word documents?)
    • Select the entire text by pressing Ctrl + A
    • Go to the Review tab on the ribbon and Click Language > Set Proofing Language
    • In the "Language" dialog box, select the correct language for your text. Make sure the option "Do not check spelling or grammar" is unchecked
    • Click OK to apply the changes
    • Ensure that the selected language matches the actual content of the document

Save the file and try again.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  •  

The issue might have something to do with the language settings of the document itself which can affect the spell-checking functionality in Studio. Sometimes, Word files may be set to a different language than the actual text content, leading to issues with recognising words, especially those with accented characters. Maybe check these things out:

• Open the document in Microsoft Word (hopefully the problem is occurring with word documents?)
    • Select the entire text by pressing Ctrl + A
    • Go to the Review tab on the ribbon and Click Language > Set Proofing Language
    • In the "Language" dialog box, select the correct language for your text. Make sure the option "Do not check spelling or grammar" is unchecked
    • Click OK to apply the changes
    • Ensure that the selected language matches the actual content of the document

Save the file and try again.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
Children
No Data