SDL Trados Studio 2022 - Error Object reference not set to an instance of an object when opening multiple files for Review

When opening a second file, I receive this error and have to close and open again. I cannot open two files simultaneously anymore, when I could in the past. Can someone please help

<SDLErrorDetails time="13.05.2024 13:55:26">
  <ErrorMessage>Object reference not set to an instance of an object.</ErrorMessage>
  <Exception>
    <Type>System.NullReferenceException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</Type>
    <HelpLink />
    <Source>Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor</Source>
    <HResult>-2147467261</HResult>
    <StackTrace><![CDATA[   at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.Terminology.TermbaseViewer.TermBaseViewPartX.CanAddTerm()
   at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.Terminology.EditorTermbaseUtils.HasWritePermission(IEditorService editorService, ITranslatableDocument activeDocument)
   at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.Terminology.Actions.Conditions.SourceTermSelectedForAddition.GetValue()
   at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.Terminology.Actions.Conditions.AddNewTermCondition.GetValue()
   at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Extensions.AbstractCondition.UpdateValue()
   at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Api.Editor.Conditions.ActiveDocumentCondition`1.ActiveDocumentConditionAttribute_ActiveDocumentChanged(IDocument document)
   at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Api.Editor.DocumentEventHandler.Invoke(IDocument document)
   at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.EditorService.set_ActiveDocument(IDocument value)
   at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.EditorView.OnActiveViewPartChanged(IViewPartReference viewPartReference)
   at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.AbstractDockingView.Control_ActiveViewPartChanged(IViewWithParts view, IViewPartReference viewPartReference)
   at Sdl.Platform.UI.DockingViewContentControl.OnActiveViewPartChanged(IViewPartReference viewPartReference)
   at Sdl.Platform.UI.DockingViewContentControl.InternalActivateViewPart(IViewPartReference viewPartToActivate)
   at Sdl.Platform.UI.DockingViewContentControl._tabControl_SelectedTabChanged(Object sender, SelectedTabChangedEventArgs e)
   at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTabControl.UltraTabControlBase.OnSelectedTabChanged(SelectedTabChangedEventArgs e)
   at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTabControl.UltraTabControlBase.RaiseEvent(UltraTabControlEventId id, EventArgs e)
   at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTabControl.UltraTabControlBase.OnManagerSelectedTabItemChanged(Object sender, SelectedTabItemChangedEventArgs e)
   at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTabs.TabManager.set_SelectedTabItem(ITabItem value)
   at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTabs.TabManager.TabClick(ITabItem tab)
   at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTabs.TabItemUIElement.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e, Boolean adjustableArea, UIElement& captureMouseForElement)
   at Infragistics.Win.UIElement.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e, Boolean adjustableArea, UIElement& captureMouseForElement)
   at Infragistics.Win.TextUIElementBase.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e, Boolean adjustableArea, UIElement& captureMouseForElement)
   at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.ProcessMouseDownHelper(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
   at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.ProcessMouseDown(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
   at Infragistics.Win.Utilities.ProcessEvent(Control control, ProcessEvent eventToProcess, EventArgs e)
   at Infragistics.Win.UltraControlBase.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)]]></StackTrace>
  </Exception>
  <Environment>
    <ProductName>Trados Studio</ProductName>
    <ProductVersion>Studio17</ProductVersion>
    <EntryAssemblyFileVersion>17.2.10.19084</EntryAssemblyFileVersion>
    <OperatingSystem>Microsoft Windows 11 Home</OperatingSystem>
    <ServicePack>NULL</ServicePack>
    <OperatingSystemLanguage>1033</OperatingSystemLanguage>
    <CodePage>1252</CodePage>
    <LoggedOnUser>LAPTOP-56AHFB9M\chris</LoggedOnUser>
    <DotNetFrameWork>4.0.30319.42000</DotNetFrameWork>
    <ComputerName>LAPTOP-56AHFB9M</ComputerName>
    <ConnectedToNetwork>True</ConnectedToNetwork>
    <PhysicalMemory>8280772 MB</PhysicalMemory>
  </Environment>
</SDLErrorDetails>
?

emoji
Parents
  • Hi, Christiane,

In case it helps, I have had exactly the same error and exactly the same stack trace that you posted with Studio 2022 SR2 CU10 and CU11 when switching across different files from different projects when one of the projects has a termbase attached and the term recognition is enabled and the other project does not have any Termbase attached.

I have just sent a ticket to RWS support about it. If you are not getting this error anymore, it might be because you are opening several files from the same project or from projects which have all termbase attached (or no termbase at all in any project).

I cannot reproduce the issue in Studio 2024.

Daniel

emoji
  • Hi, Christiane,

In case it helps, I have had exactly the same error and exactly the same stack trace that you posted with Studio 2022 SR2 CU10 and CU11 when switching across different files from different projects when one of the projects has a termbase attached and the term recognition is enabled and the other project does not have any Termbase attached.

I have just sent a ticket to RWS support about it. If you are not getting this error anymore, it might be because you are opening several files from the same project or from projects which have all termbase attached (or no termbase at all in any project).

I cannot reproduce the issue in Studio 2024.

Daniel

emoji
Children
No Data