Change highlight colour in the HTML preview pane : is this possible?

Hi!

In the HTML preview pane of the editor, the selected segment is dislayed in "dark green", which is sometimes a bit difficult to read (depending on the screen configuration).

I was wondering if the highlight colour in the HTLM preview could be changed (for example, in an XML config file).

Thanks,

Olivier

emoji
Parents
  • Hello Olivier,

While Trados Studio does not directly allow you to change the highlight color in the HTML preview pane, there is a workaround you can try. You can use the Wordlight plugin or the Community Advanced Display Filter to remove the highlighting, and then apply a new color of your choice in the source file. Here's how you can do it:

Step 1: Open your project in Trados Studio.

Step 2: Use the Wordlight plugin or the Community Advanced Display Filter to remove the existing highlighting.

Step 3: Open the source file in an HTML editor.

Step 4: Apply the new highlight color to the text you want to highlight.

Step 5: Save the changes and import the source file back into Trados Studio.

Please note that this is a workaround and may not work perfectly in all situations. Also, remember to remove all highlighting before creating the final files, as leaving formatting in the target file may cause issues.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  •  

Best to ignore the AI with this reply... it is nonsense.

I don't think it's possible to change the colour in the preview for highlighting the selected segment, not even in a config file.  Seems like a sensible request though, perhaps you can log this as an idea here:

Trados Studio Ideas 

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
Reply Children