MultiTerm 2022 cannot even open sample termbase, shows version not supported

Hi there,

I have started to use Trados 2022 Freelance and Multiterm 2022 recently. However, I do not seem to be able to open any termbase, not even the sample termbase included in the original files. I cannot create a termbase when I create a new project in Trados either. 

I have tried disabling sync with Onedrive or Google Drive, and there is no special character in the path. 

Can anyone help please? Thank you.

Best regards,

Jian

emoji
Parents
  • Hello Jian,

I understand that you're having trouble opening a termbase in MultiTerm 2022. I'm here to help you with that.

Based on your description, it seems like there might be an issue with the termbase file itself. Here's a step-by-step guide to help you fix this:

Step 1: Create a backup of the termbase file. This is to ensure you have a copy in case anything goes wrong.

Step 2: Rename the termbase .sdltb file by adding the extension .mdb. The file name should now look like this: termbasename.sdltb.mdb.

Step 3: Open the file in Microsoft Access 2003 or later. If you don't have Microsoft Access, you can download a trial version from the Microsoft website.

Step 4: Allow Microsoft Access to automatically fix any issues existing in the file.

Step 5: Save and close Microsoft Access.

Step 6: Rename the file by removing the extension .mdb. The file name should now be back to its original format: termbasename.sdltb.

After following these steps, your termbase should be fixed and you should be able to open it in MultiTerm 2022 and attach it to a project in Trados Studio 2022.

If you're still having trouble after trying these steps, it might be a good idea to reinstall MultiTerm 2022 and Trados Studio 2022 to ensure you have the latest versions and all necessary updates.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • Hello Jian,

I understand that you're having trouble opening a termbase in MultiTerm 2022. I'm here to help you with that.

Based on your description, it seems like there might be an issue with the termbase file itself. Here's a step-by-step guide to help you fix this:

Step 1: Create a backup of the termbase file. This is to ensure you have a copy in case anything goes wrong.

Step 2: Rename the termbase .sdltb file by adding the extension .mdb. The file name should now look like this: termbasename.sdltb.mdb.

Step 3: Open the file in Microsoft Access 2003 or later. If you don't have Microsoft Access, you can download a trial version from the Microsoft website.

Step 4: Allow Microsoft Access to automatically fix any issues existing in the file.

Step 5: Save and close Microsoft Access.

Step 6: Rename the file by removing the extension .mdb. The file name should now be back to its original format: termbasename.sdltb.

After following these steps, your termbase should be fixed and you should be able to open it in MultiTerm 2022 and attach it to a project in Trados Studio 2022.

If you're still having trouble after trying these steps, it might be a good idea to reinstall MultiTerm 2022 and Trados Studio 2022 to ensure you have the latest versions and all necessary updates.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
Children
No Data