Enabling Automated Translations for localized elements (numbers) in Trados Studio 2022

I am setting up a project in Trados 2022 with many numbers which need to be localized for French. I want to lock the segments with numbers to exclude them from translation and word count. However, Automated Translation doesn’t seem to have been enabled, and localized numbers only show in the target column when you click on the specific segment.

Screenshot of Trados Studio interface showing a list of segments with numbers. The 'Apply automated translation' option is grayed out and not selectable.

In the settings, the option ‘Apply automated translation’ is not clickable (screenshot below).

How can I enable AT to show localized numbers in all target segments?

Screenshot of Trados Studio 'Create a New Project - Batch Tasks' window with 'Apply automated translation' checkbox disabled under 'Pre-Translate Settings'.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: RWS Community AI at 2:13 AM (GMT 1) on 18 Jun 2024]
emoji
Parents
  • Hello,

It seems like you're trying to enable Automated Translation (AT) for localized numbers in Trados Studio 2022. Here's how you can do it:

Step 1: Open your project in Trados Studio 2022.

Step 2: Go to the "Project Settings" and select "Language Pairs".

Step 3: Select "All Language Pairs" or the specific language pair you're working with.

Step 4: Click on "Translation Memory and Automated Translation".

Step 5: Under "Automated Translation", make sure the "Use" box is checked. If it's not, click on it to enable Automated Translation.

Step 6: Under "Options", check the box for "Apply automated translation to whole document". This will apply the automated translation to all segments in your document, including those with numbers.

Step 7: Click "OK" to save your settings.

If the option for 'Apply automated translation' is not clickable, it might be because you haven't set up an Automated Translation provider. To do this:

Step 1: Go to "File" > "Options" > "Language Pairs" > "Translation Memory and Automated Translation".

Step 2: Click on "Add" under "Automated Translation Providers".

Step 3: Select your preferred Automated Translation provider from the list and click "OK".

Step 4: Follow the prompts to set up your Automated Translation provider.

Once you've done this, you should be able to enable Automated Translation and apply it to your entire document, including segments with numbers.

Remember, Trados Studio 2022 has a feature that recognizes numbers and can auto-localize them. However, if the numbers aren't recognized, you might need to manually localize them. You can do this by copying the source to the target and replacing the numbers as needed.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • Step 5: Under "Automated Translation", make sure the "Use" box is checked. If it's not, click on it to enable Automated Translation.

I can't see the "Use" box I need to check...

If the option for 'Apply automated translation' is not clickable, it might be because you haven't set up an Automated Translation provider. To do this:

Step 1: Go to "File" > "Options" > "Language Pairs" > "Translation Memory and Automated Translation".

Step 2: Click on "Add" under "Automated Translation Providers".

Step 3: Select your preferred Automated Translation provider from the list and click "OK".

I cannot see the "Add" button either, see the screenshot below.

Trados Studio Options menu with 'Translation Memory and Automated Translation' selected under 'Language Pairs'. The 'Use' checkbox for different translation providers is visible but not focused.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: RWS Community AI at 2:36 AM (GMT 1) on 18 Jun 2024]
Reply Children
No Data