Would like to know more about Trados TM matches

Hi Team,

I would like to learn how Trados calculates the TM match rate.

I ran the word count analysis with Trados and another CAT tool, but there were discrepancies in the word counts. So would like to know how Trados calculates the match rate.Screenshot of Trados Studio TM match rate analysis with two columns showing different match percentages and their respective word counts. The interface is in Chinese, and there is a red box highlighting a section with 0% for 95-99% matches.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: RWS Community AI at 3:45 AM (GMT 1) on 19 Jun 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply
  •  

I'm asking because as you may saw in my image, Trados has more 95~99% than MemoQ.

The answer is simply because the two tools don't count or recognise words in the same way.  I think memoQ has an option to analyze based on Trados but I don't know how accurate it is.  I stopped comparing the two tools a long time ago.... an in any event they still offer the 2007-like results.  Doesn't seem too helpful to use something that is almost 20-years old.

Screenshot showing word count options with radio buttons for memoQ and TRADOS 2007-like.

If you are really insistent on knowing why there is a difference then I suggest you break the file down and compare bit by bit until you find where the differences are coming from.

Have you managed to get the information on how memoQ matches?  Perhaps that would open the possibility for a plugin to do a memoQ-like analysis in Trados!

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: RWS Community AI at 3:48 PM (GMT 1) on 19 Jun 2024]
Children