Trados Studio 2022 crashes after closing an UnknownSegments file

A file is opened for translation. When I open an UnknownSegments file from the Export folder and then close it, Trados Studio 2022 (latest version) crashes and the following error message appears:

Error dialog box in Trados Studio with a message indicating 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.' with OK button.

As I guess, this is our old friend "Object reference is not set to..." message.

Any idea?

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: RWS Community AI at 4:46 PM (GMT 1) on 4 Jul 2024]
emoji
Parents
  • Hello,

I understand that you're experiencing issues with Trados Studio 2022 crashing after closing an UnknownSegments file. This could be due to a variety of reasons, but based on the error message you're seeing, it seems like there might be an issue with the Multilingual Excel File Type.

Here's what you can do to resolve this issue:

Step 1: Uninstall the current version of the Multilingual Excel File Type. You can do this by going to the "Add-Ins" section in Trados Studio and selecting "Manage Add-Ins". From there, find the Multilingual Excel File Type and click "Uninstall".

Step 2: Install the latest version of the Multilingual Excel File Type from the RWS AppStore. To do this, go to the RWS AppStore, search for the Multilingual Excel File Type, and click "Install".

Step 3: Restart Trados Studio 2022. This will ensure that the changes take effect.

If you need instructions on setting up the private RWS AppStore, you can find them on the RWS Community page. Just search for "private RWS AppStore setup".

I hope this helps! If you continue to experience issues, please let us know.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • Hello,

I understand that you're experiencing issues with Trados Studio 2022 crashing after closing an UnknownSegments file. This could be due to a variety of reasons, but based on the error message you're seeing, it seems like there might be an issue with the Multilingual Excel File Type.

Here's what you can do to resolve this issue:

Step 1: Uninstall the current version of the Multilingual Excel File Type. You can do this by going to the "Add-Ins" section in Trados Studio and selecting "Manage Add-Ins". From there, find the Multilingual Excel File Type and click "Uninstall".

Step 2: Install the latest version of the Multilingual Excel File Type from the RWS AppStore. To do this, go to the RWS AppStore, search for the Multilingual Excel File Type, and click "Install".

Step 3: Restart Trados Studio 2022. This will ensure that the changes take effect.

If you need instructions on setting up the private RWS AppStore, you can find them on the RWS Community page. Just search for "private RWS AppStore setup".

I hope this helps! If you continue to experience issues, please let us know.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
Children