Using Xbench with Trados Studio 2022 Does Not Work Any More

Hi Paul,

Hope you are doing well.

Perhaps you have helped others to continue using their XBench subscriptions with Trados Studio.

The error message I am getting is attached (Method Not Found:  System string)

Also, the Search/Find and Replace function opens the usual pop-up window, but this window cannot be accessed.  I use two screens––I can see the S&R window when flipping through with "Alt-Tab," but I cannot put it on my screen to use it.

Can you help with these recent

features?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Michel

emoji
Parents
  •  

I guess a couple of things.  First, a screen shot of the error isn't helpful.  You need to click on the small disk symbol in the error message and save the error stack to your desktop.  This will be an xml file that you can then attach to your post.  That will contain the detail that might help analyse why you have this problem.

Secondly, the best way to get support for this app would be to engage the developer.  On the appstore this would be via this link: https://appstore.rws.com/Plugin/190?tab=support

But  might be able to help?

I think it would also help if you provide some additional information since you said "Using Xbench with Trados Studio 2022 Does Not Work Any More".  Has anything changed?  Have you upgraded?  Have you installed anything else... any other plugins?  Have you tried removing all plugins apart from XBench?  What version of XBench are you using?

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  • Hello Paul,

Thank you for letting me know you had already answered (two days ago, apparently).  I was not made aware that you had--no email came.

You have gathered by now that I have a love-hate relationship with Trados Studio... and SDL.

The present problem:

I first installed XBench on my previous version of Studio, that I had to replace recently by the 2022 version.  It worked very well with that previous version.  However, I was forced to upgrade when I moved to a new machine, and the link to download and install my previous version was not made available any more---forcing me to buy the program all over again.  So I now have the 2022 version on my computer.

XBench worked very well on the previous version.  When I installed the 20022 version, I placed my Add-Ins on that version, less than a year ago;  Antidote worked very well right from the start.  Not Xbench (ApSIC Xbench 3.0).  It generated the error message I showed you.

I am working full time on two large projects right now.  I have printed your recommendations and generated a record of the XBench error on Studio--there is no way to attach a file to this email, so I will attach.it to an email addressed to you.  Hopefully that record will help some.

Thanks for your assistance.

Michel

The impossible file!

<SDLErrorDetails time="7/24/2024 8:45:31 AM">
      <ErrorMessage>Method not found: 'System.String Sdl.Core.Globalization.Language.GetDisplayName(Sdl.Core.Globalization.LanguageFormat, Boolean)'.</ErrorMessage>
      <Exception>
        <Type>System.MissingMethodException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</Type>
        <HelpLink />
        <Source>ApSIC.Xbench.Agent</Source>
        <HResult>-2146233069</HResult>
        <StackTrace><![CDATA[   at ApSIC.Xbench.Agent.HelpersPool.QAProject(FileBasedProject aProject)
       at ApSIC.Xbench.Agent.HelpersPool.QACurrentProject()
       at ApSIC.Xbench.Agent.XbenchIconActionInEditor.Execute()
       at Sdl.Desktop.IntegrationApi.AbstractAction.Sdl.Desktop.IntegrationApi.Extensions.Internal.IAction.Execute()
       at Sdl.Desktop.IntegrationApi.Internal.Adaptors.InternalActionAdaptor.Execute()
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.CommandBars.SimpleActionExecuter.Execute(ActionData actionData)
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.ResourceLoggingInternalCommandExecuter`1.ExecuteWithResourceLogging(TCommandData commandData, String message)
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.CommandBars.ActionService.ExecuteAction(IAction action, ActionOrigin origin, Boolean allowToggle)
       at Sdl.Platform.UI.IgCommandBarAction.Execute()
       at Sdl.Platform.UI.IgCommandBarAction._lazyButtonTool_ToolClick(Object sender, ToolClickEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ToolBase.OnToolClick(ToolClickEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsManager.OnToolClick(ToolClickEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsManager.FireEvent(ToolbarEventIds id, EventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ToolBase.OnToolClick()
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ButtonToolUIElement.DoClickProcessing(MouseEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ButtonToolUIElement.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.ProcessMouseUpHelper(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.ProcessMouseUp(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.Utilities.ProcessEvent(Control control, ProcessEvent eventToProcess, EventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsDockArea.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)]]></StackTrace>
      </Exception>
      <Environment>
        <ProductName>Trados Studio</ProductName>
        <ProductVersion>Studio17</ProductVersion>
        <EntryAssemblyFileVersion>17.2.9.18688</EntryAssemblyFileVersion>
        <OperatingSystem>Microsoft Windows 10 Home</OperatingSystem>
        <ServicePack>NULL</ServicePack>
        <OperatingSystemLanguage>1033</OperatingSystemLanguage>
        <CodePage>1252</CodePage>
        <LoggedOnUser>DESKTOP-5NBK6K8\Mullejans</LoggedOnUser>
        <DotNetFrameWork>4.0.30319.42000</DotNetFrameWork>
        <ComputerName>DESKTOP-5NBK6K8</ComputerName>
        <ConnectedToNetwork>True</ConnectedToNetwork>
        <PhysicalMemory>15637328 MB</PhysicalMemory>
      </Environment>
    </SDLErrorDetails>

emoji
  • Hello Paul,

Thank you for letting me know you had already answered (two days ago, apparently).  I was not made aware that you had--no email came.

You have gathered by now that I have a love-hate relationship with Trados Studio... and SDL.

The present problem:

I first installed XBench on my previous version of Studio, that I had to replace recently by the 2022 version.  It worked very well with that previous version.  However, I was forced to upgrade when I moved to a new machine, and the link to download and install my previous version was not made available any more---forcing me to buy the program all over again.  So I now have the 2022 version on my computer.

XBench worked very well on the previous version.  When I installed the 20022 version, I placed my Add-Ins on that version, less than a year ago;  Antidote worked very well right from the start.  Not Xbench (ApSIC Xbench 3.0).  It generated the error message I showed you.

I am working full time on two large projects right now.  I have printed your recommendations and generated a record of the XBench error on Studio--there is no way to attach a file to this email, so I will attach.it to an email addressed to you.  Hopefully that record will help some.

Thanks for your assistance.

Michel

The impossible file!

<SDLErrorDetails time="7/24/2024 8:45:31 AM">
      <ErrorMessage>Method not found: 'System.String Sdl.Core.Globalization.Language.GetDisplayName(Sdl.Core.Globalization.LanguageFormat, Boolean)'.</ErrorMessage>
      <Exception>
        <Type>System.MissingMethodException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</Type>
        <HelpLink />
        <Source>ApSIC.Xbench.Agent</Source>
        <HResult>-2146233069</HResult>
        <StackTrace><![CDATA[   at ApSIC.Xbench.Agent.HelpersPool.QAProject(FileBasedProject aProject)
       at ApSIC.Xbench.Agent.HelpersPool.QACurrentProject()
       at ApSIC.Xbench.Agent.XbenchIconActionInEditor.Execute()
       at Sdl.Desktop.IntegrationApi.AbstractAction.Sdl.Desktop.IntegrationApi.Extensions.Internal.IAction.Execute()
       at Sdl.Desktop.IntegrationApi.Internal.Adaptors.InternalActionAdaptor.Execute()
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.CommandBars.SimpleActionExecuter.Execute(ActionData actionData)
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.ResourceLoggingInternalCommandExecuter`1.ExecuteWithResourceLogging(TCommandData commandData, String message)
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.CommandBars.ActionService.ExecuteAction(IAction action, ActionOrigin origin, Boolean allowToggle)
       at Sdl.Platform.UI.IgCommandBarAction.Execute()
       at Sdl.Platform.UI.IgCommandBarAction._lazyButtonTool_ToolClick(Object sender, ToolClickEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ToolBase.OnToolClick(ToolClickEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsManager.OnToolClick(ToolClickEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsManager.FireEvent(ToolbarEventIds id, EventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ToolBase.OnToolClick()
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ButtonToolUIElement.DoClickProcessing(MouseEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ButtonToolUIElement.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.ProcessMouseUpHelper(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.ProcessMouseUp(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.Utilities.ProcessEvent(Control control, ProcessEvent eventToProcess, EventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsDockArea.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)]]></StackTrace>
      </Exception>
      <Environment>
        <ProductName>Trados Studio</ProductName>
        <ProductVersion>Studio17</ProductVersion>
        <EntryAssemblyFileVersion>17.2.9.18688</EntryAssemblyFileVersion>
        <OperatingSystem>Microsoft Windows 10 Home</OperatingSystem>
        <ServicePack>NULL</ServicePack>
        <OperatingSystemLanguage>1033</OperatingSystemLanguage>
        <CodePage>1252</CodePage>
        <LoggedOnUser>DESKTOP-5NBK6K8\Mullejans</LoggedOnUser>
        <DotNetFrameWork>4.0.30319.42000</DotNetFrameWork>
        <ComputerName>DESKTOP-5NBK6K8</ComputerName>