Unexpected space added

Hi team.

As you can see in my image, A space was added when generating the target translation.

Screenshot of Trados Studio software showing a translation segment with an added space error. The source text in column B does not have a space before 'equal to', while the target translation in column D has an unintended space before 'equal to'. Red arrows highlight the discrepancy.

I also attached sdlxliff file and generated target file for your reference.

插队0722.xlsx.zip

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: RWS Community AI at 9:28 AM (GMT 1) on 23 Jul 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply
  •   

I see that now... I missed that these are Chinese full-width brackets (【 】), which occupy more horizontal space than the standard ASCII square brackets ([ ]).  However, that doesn't take away from the original conclusion.

The space is actually in the SDLXLIFF.  If you view all content to look between the segments you'll see it here:
    Screenshot of Trados Studio with two segments of text containing HTML style tags and Chinese characters. No visible errors or warnings.

I was unable to reproduce this if I used 2024:

I tested this with your source file in 2024 and the space is not transferred over.  Perhaps your translator used an older version of Trados Studio, copied the source to target automatically... or something like that.

I can't really tell you more than this.  All I know is that the sdlxliff you provided has the space in there as you can see.

So I don't think there is really anything to fix unless you can demonstrate that this happens from the source file in a new project created with a current version of Trados Studio?

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
Children