Out of memory and constant crashes

Trados Studio 2024 crashes and crashes and crashes.  Today I get out of memory errors not allowing me to save my work. Language weaver causes crashes every time I reopen a project where I used language weaver. It seems the termbase created in studio 2024 does not work properly together with Studio at all.

emoji
Parents
  • Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with Trados Studio 2024. Here are some steps you can follow to resolve the situation:

Step 1: Check for Updates manually in Windows. From the Start button, type 'Check for Updates' and select the option offered in the search window. Install any updates found and restart your computer. Repeat this until there are no other updates.

Step 2: Repair your Trados Studio installation. You can find a workaround for this in the article titled 'Repairing your installation of Trados Studio'.

Step 3: Check that you have the .NET Framework 4.7.2 (or later) installed. For Trados Studio 2021, you need 4.8! You can find out how to do this in the article titled 'How to: Determine which .NET Framework versions are installed'.

Step 4: Refresh your .NET Framework installation. In the Start button, type 'Turn Windows features on or off' and select the option offered in the search window. On Windows Features, un-tick the .NET 4.5 (or higher) version. Restart the computer. After the restart, go to the same location and tick back the box for .NET 4.5 (or higher) and then restart.

Step 5: If the crash can be reproduced at a specific segment, check if your Translation Memory (TM) is corrupted. Go to Project Settings -> Language Pairs -> Translation Memory. Disable one by one the TMs and check if the crash persists. If the crash does not occur anymore after a TM was disabled, the TM is corrupted and has to be recreated.

Step 6: If the crash can be reproduced at a specific segment, check if your Termbase is corrupted. Go to Project Settings -> Language Pairs -> Termbases. Disable one by one the termbases and check if the crash persists. If the crash does not occur anymore after a termbase was disabled, the termbase is corrupted and has to be recreated.

Other recommendations: If your translation resources are not stored locally, on your computer, but are on a shared drive, network or cloud-based file-sharing storing facility like Dropbox, take the resources locally and test to see if the crashes still occur.

If you suspect a problem with the installation (loss of functionality besides crashing), you can reset Trados Studio to its default settings.

If these steps do not resolve your issue, or if you require further assistance, please contact the RWS Support Team.

I hope these steps help you resolve the issue.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • I get out of memory errors, unable to save bilangal filer errors and Trados crashes over and over again. Have removed plug ins like DeepL and Language weaver. Am only using main TM have removed others. Have reinstalled studio... And I have to deliver my work today.

emoji
  •  do you still need help with this?

Lydia Simplicio | RWS Group

_______
    Design your own training!

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  • Unfortunately, Studio 24 does not work for me in any way as expected. It crashes all the time. Today, when starting the computer, not even Trados, this message is displayed: The object reference has not been set to an instance of an object. was added, nothing works anymore. Furthermore, none of the advertised new features work. Open AI ignores Termbase and continues to deliver lousy translations. The new DeepL plugin cannot be installed, Langage Weaver leads to system conflicts, Studio 24 is incredibly slow and crashes constantly, especially if the termbase has a small number of entries (maybe 200). Copilot doesn't work either. And yes, I've tried everything ... I attended a few of the fancy webinars that advertise Studio 2024 and no, none of this works as described. I will go back to Studio 2022 and wait half a year until the worst bugs have been removed. It took almost a year for Studio 2022 to work properly.

emoji
  • Sadly I could not downgrade the ongoing project to Studio 2022 so I am trapped with Studio 2023. Todays news: Shortcuts like shift + 2 cause Studio to crash. Have tried the repair function with no result. So no more shortcuts. Any ideas, please help!

emoji
  • Hi  

What do you mean by " I could not downgrade the ongoing project to Studio 2022"?
    There is no need to do any "downgrade". Projects are compatible between versions. 
    You simply open the project in Studio 2022, and you should be able to work on it. 
    About your problems with Studio: have you done a repair of the app? Or a reset?
    It may also help to remove all plugins to check the proper functioning of the bare Studio, and once it works fine, add them again one by one. 

emoji
  • Hej Walter, I could not open the project in Studio 2022, and neither the termbase created in Studio 2024. And I have removed almost all plugins in Studio 2024 as Studio 2024 crashes all the time and creates numerous cryptic messages. I run the repair function on daily base, sometimes it helps for a while. Unfortunately, nothing works fine here.

emoji
  • "Invoke or BeginInvoke cannot be called on a control until the window handle has been created" is today's error message of the day ...

emoji
Reply Children
No Data