2024: Ribbon customization does not stick

I am trying to add the Autohotkey Manager to the ribbon, in a custom group under "Add-Ins".

It was there at least once, but now it disappeared and is deselected in the "Ribbon customization" dialogue. I can select it and press "okay", but when I select the "Add-Ins" tab, it's not there and when get back to the Ribbon customization dialogue it has been de-selected again. My mistake? Bug?

It does stick to the Quick Access toolbar.

Daniel

emoji
Parents Reply Children
  • Hello Daniel,

Determining which function or application is eligible for a specific context in Trados Studio is largely dependent on the design of the software and the plugins you're using. Here's a general guide:

Step 1: Open the Ribbon Customization dialog. You can do this by going to the View tab and selecting Ribbon Customization, or by pressing Alt+F10 and selecting Customize Ribbons.

Step 2: In the Ribbon Customization dialog, you'll see a list of all available commands on the left side. These commands are grouped by categories, which correspond to the different contexts in Trados Studio (such as Home, Add-Ins, View, etc.).

Step 3: Click on a category to see the commands available for that context. If a command is grayed out, it means it's not available for the current context.

Step 4: If you're looking for a specific function or application, you can use the search bar at the top of the dialog to find it quickly. If the function or application is not listed, it may not be available for the current context.

Remember, the availability of commands can also depend on the specific plugins you have installed. If you're unsure about a specific function or application, it may be helpful to reach out to the plugin developer for more information.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji