SDL MultiTerm Convert can not convert TBX files to XML (Trados Studio 2022 SR2)

Hello,

We have just installed SR2 for Trados Studio 2022 Professional (Trados Studio 2022 SR2 - 17.2.10.19084) and I do not know if this may be causing some of our issues.

We regularly have TBX files which we need to convert to XML to either create new Termbases or to update existing ones. Today, we noticed that we were unable to convert any TBX files using MultiTerm Convert.

We receive the following message:

Screenshot of MultiTerm Convert error message: 'Die Konvertierungsoption konnte nicht ordnungsgemaess initialisiert werden. Unsupported language NE-01' with OK button.

"The conversion option cannot be initialised properly. Unsupported language NE-01"

We have tried other TBX files that we know have converted successfully in the past, but to no avail. We also tried conversion from a local drive instead of from Onedrive/Sharepoint; this did not work either.

Have other users had similar issues and can it be a result of installing SR2 for Trados 2022?

Thanks!

I have added a rough translation of the German part of the warning message.
[edited by: Helen Brown at 3:46 PM (GMT 1) on 1 Aug 2024]
emoji
Parents
  •  

Can you confirm what version of Studio and MultiTerm you are running now?  I guess you should be on these:

Trados Studio 2022 SR2 - 17.2.10.19084
    MultiTerm 2022 SR2 - 17.2.3.2795

Also, what language is NE-01?  Some variant of Nepali maybe?  The fact it's an unrecognised code could be your problem.  Certainly we don't use this code at all in Studio so if you know what it's for you could change it in the TBX and then test again.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  • Hi Paul,

Thanks for getting back to me.

We have the following versions:

That is very odd re the language variant. The TBX files "should" only contain English and German.

I opened the TBX using Notepad and that also seems to have the correct languages. "NE-1" can't be found when I search in the tbx via Notepad. I found an older TBX file that had previously correctly converted and I am still receiving the same error message.

I have tried generating a TBX with one of our local multiterm files and then converting it back to XML and that seems to work fine, but it is a TBX compliant file in XML format, so that might explain why it seems to work without issue.

For IT security reasons at work, I am unable to install glossary converter myself to see if this tool will help our issue.

We only recently updated to SR2; I wonder if something has gone awry there.

I would be very grateful if you have any more bright ideas.

Thanks!

emoji
  • Hi Paul,

Thanks for getting back to me.

We have the following versions:

That is very odd re the language variant. The TBX files "should" only contain English and German.

I opened the TBX using Notepad and that also seems to have the correct languages. "NE-1" can't be found when I search in the tbx via Notepad. I found an older TBX file that had previously correctly converted and I am still receiving the same error message.

I have tried generating a TBX with one of our local multiterm files and then converting it back to XML and that seems to work fine, but it is a TBX compliant file in XML format, so that might explain why it seems to work without issue.

For IT security reasons at work, I am unable to install glossary converter myself to see if this tool will help our issue.

We only recently updated to SR2; I wonder if something has gone awry there.

I would be very grateful if you have any more bright ideas.

Thanks!

emoji
Children