call subprocess must be STA, because required by many user interface components

Hi, I just installed my brand new Trados 2024, and it seemed to work fine for a few hours.

Now I get this prompt: in Spanish "El subproceso de llamada debe ser STA, ya que muchos componentes de interfaz de usuario lo requieren" (see subject for lit. translation).

As soon as I try to open a file to start translation, the program crashes.

Has anyone experienced this bug? Any help how to fix it? I have already Repaired it through Windows (deinstall, then repair) and I've also restarted my Windows and then repaired, and it does the same.

Thanks!

emoji
Parents Reply Children
  • Hi Monica, I started Trados without an IA plugin I had installed (in Admin mode I was asked whether I wanted it). Trados started up alright after that and seems to work fine. So Paul was right in that it was some software interacting with Trados. 

I was given instructions on how to reestablish the system, in case they're useful in your case (I haven't followed them as yet, I'm considering not using AI on the Trados system for now):

To uninstall it just make sure Studio is closed, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Trados\Plugin installer, and double-click on the Sdl.Community.SdlPluginInstaller.exe

Here select Trados Studio 2024 from the "filter by Studio version" dropdown, find and uninstall the plugin.

You can install it back from the link below afterward by downloading it and double-clicking on the plugin to start the process while Studio is still closed

https://appstore.rws.com/Plugin/240?tab=releases

emoji