call subprocess must be STA, because required by many user interface components

Hi, I just installed my brand new Trados 2024, and it seemed to work fine for a few hours.

Now I get this prompt: in Spanish "El subproceso de llamada debe ser STA, ya que muchos componentes de interfaz de usuario lo requieren" (see subject for lit. translation).

As soon as I try to open a file to start translation, the program crashes.

Has anyone experienced this bug? Any help how to fix it? I have already Repaired it through Windows (deinstall, then repair) and I've also restarted my Windows and then repaired, and it does the same.

Thanks!

emoji
Parents
  •    

This is apparently a common error related to threading issues, particularly in applications that use a graphical user interface (GUI).  STA stands for Single Threaded Apartment, which is a threading model that is required for certain operations in Windows applications, particularly those involving UI components.

The error suggests that Trados is trying to perform an operation on a UI component from a thread that is not set to STA. This is usually a programming issue within the application itself or could be related to how the application interacts with other software on your system.  Some thoughts on how to resolve...

1. If you have installed any add-ons or plugins in Trados, try removing them to see if the issue persists.
    2. Ensure that no background processes are consuming too many resources or causing conflicts.

To remove your plugins, please delete the following folders and then reinstall your plugins after making sure you have the latest ones for your product, by using the integrated appstore in Trados Studio:

%APPDATA%\Trados\Trados Studio\18\Plugins

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Trados\Trados Studio\18\Plugins

c:\ProgramData\Trados\Trados Studio\18\Plugins

See if this helps.

Also, if you get any other error details, such as the ability to save a stack trace, please share them as this may help to identify the cause of the problem.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  • Thank you it worked, but now I cannot activate the Language Weaver, I hope they can solve this issue soon, thank you again

emoji
Reply Children
No Data