Confirmed target segments not shown after crash

Hello! I have just downloaded and installed Studio 2024 (couple of days ago). It has already crashed without apparent reason a couple of times. When I reopen my files I get a (great) message saying that there are more recent files than those saved in the memory and I can choose to reopen those newer files (with a higher number of translated segments), which I do, but then the files that are opened do not automatically contain those newer translated segments, but I have to refresh them manually one by one. This did not happen with previous versions.

I wonder why newer Studio versions do not retain the good features of past versions. They are expected to ADD new useful features WITHOUT removing the older ones, am I expecting too much from technology engineers?

emoji
Parents
  •   

Hi again Valeria,

With the very first launch version of a new piece of software, there are often teething troubles, as there also are when updating Windows for example. It's all about making the software fit into the existing computer setup and environment. The first steps towards a solution may be found here:

Repairing your installation of Trados Studio

If you have not also updated MultiTerm, please install the latest version of it. If not, you may find help here:  

Repairing your installation of MultiTerm Desktop

To answer the question about crashing, make sure you save manually after any major work. The auto-save function will save periodically as you have found, then offer to open the auto-saved file(s) but your own manual saving is better. You can adjust the frequency of auto-saving but that can be annoying if you make the period between auto-saves too short.

We users are currently testing the beta version of the first cumulative updates of Trados Studio and MultiTerm 2024 for RWS, in order to iron out teething troubles, address reported faults and make the translation experience of users more streamline.

All the best,

Ali Smiley

If you want to learn more about working with Trados, can I also suggest you use the new ideas for training hub, where you can add requests for informal training sessions: Ideas for training

emoji
  •   

Hi again Valeria,

With the very first launch version of a new piece of software, there are often teething troubles, as there also are when updating Windows for example. It's all about making the software fit into the existing computer setup and environment. The first steps towards a solution may be found here:

Repairing your installation of Trados Studio

If you have not also updated MultiTerm, please install the latest version of it. If not, you may find help here:  

Repairing your installation of MultiTerm Desktop

To answer the question about crashing, make sure you save manually after any major work. The auto-save function will save periodically as you have found, then offer to open the auto-saved file(s) but your own manual saving is better. You can adjust the frequency of auto-saving but that can be annoying if you make the period between auto-saves too short.

We users are currently testing the beta version of the first cumulative updates of Trados Studio and MultiTerm 2024 for RWS, in order to iron out teething troubles, address reported faults and make the translation experience of users more streamline.

All the best,

Ali Smiley

If you want to learn more about working with Trados, can I also suggest you use the new ideas for training hub, where you can add requests for informal training sessions: Ideas for training

emoji
Children
No Data