How to Copy and Paste Translated Target Segment from one file to another identical one

Hello;) is there a way to use the target from one file (xliff) and copy it into another one that is part of a world server file? I tried TM but am only getting 85% with many segments missing. 

emoji
Parents
  •   

How to Copy and Paste Translated Target Segment from one file to another identical one

If the files are identical I'm not sure how they are only 85%... that would have definitely best to best approach.  So I'm wondering where the TM came from?  Was this a TM you were provided and not one created by you?  If that is the case, then maybe try creating a new TM just for this exercise, run a batch task to update just that TM (disable the others temporarily while you do that), and then pretranslate the identical file against that TM.  If it's identical it must be 100%... but let us know if it's not as this would indeed be interesting!

In this case, when you let us know, can you confirm that you are comparing apples with apples and that the identical file is not the original source compared to the bilingual file someone else converted from the original source for example?

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  •   

If the files are identical I'm not sure how they are only 85%... that would have definitely best to best approach.  So I'm wondering where the TM came from?  Was this a TM you were provided and not one created by you?  If that is the case, then maybe try creating a new TM just for this exercise, run a batch task to update just that TM (disable the others temporarily while you do that), and then pretranslate the identical file against that TM.  If it's identical it must be 100%... but let us know if it's not as this would indeed be interesting!

In this case, when you let us know, can you confirm that you are comparing apples with apples and that the identical file is not the original source compared to the bilingual file someone else converted from the original source for example?

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
Children