Trados Studio 2024 - preview not working all button in preview window was grayed out

Hi,

I just bought Trados Studio 2024 and I have a problem with preview feature.

When I translate the document for a while, the preview windows will stop working and show that " Preview out of date. Press the. refresh button to update ", but the refresh button also grayed out.

What is the root cause of this issue ? and what should I do to bring the preview back without reopen the document.

Thanks

emoji
  • Hello,

I understand that you're experiencing issues with the preview feature in Trados Studio 2024. The problem you're encountering, where the preview window stops working and the refresh button is grayed out, was a known issue in a previous version of Trados Studio (Trados Studio 2021 SR1 CU8).

Here's what you can do to resolve this issue:

Step 1: Check if there are any updates available for Trados Studio 2024. You can do this by navigating to the "Help" menu in the application and selecting "Check for Updates".

Step 2: If an update is available, proceed with the update process. This should include any bug fixes and improvements that have been made since your current version.

Step 3: After updating, restart Trados Studio and open your document again. The preview feature should now be working as expected.

If the problem persists even after updating, it might be due to a specific file format or a particular setting in your project. In such cases, I would recommend checking the file format compatibility and project settings.

Remember, it's always a good practice to keep your software up to date to ensure you're benefiting from the latest features and improvements.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • Hello,

I understand that you're experiencing issues with the preview feature in Trados Studio 2024. This issue might be due to a bug in the software. However, you can try the following steps to resolve it:

Step 1: Save your work and close Trados Studio.

Step 2: Reopen Trados Studio and the document you were working on.

Step 3: Try using the preview feature again.

If the problem persists, it might be due to an outdated version of the software. You mentioned that this issue occurred in a previous version of Trados Studio (Trados Studio 2021 SR1 CU8). To solve the problem, you should update your application to the latest version, Trados Studio 2021 SR2 CU9.

To update your software:

Step 1: Open Trados Studio.

Step 2: Go to the "Help" menu.

Step 3: Click on "Check for Updates".

Step 4: If an update is available, follow the prompts to install it.

After updating, the issue with the preview feature should be resolved. If you continue to experience problems, please let me know so I can provide further assistance.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji