After installing Trados Studio 2024, double clicking doesn't work und the icons are wrong

I've made the upgrade from Trados 21 to Trados 24, now icons are wrong and double-click doesn't work.

I've tried so many workarounds for Trados 2024:

https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000003116

https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000001414

Also desinstall and reinstall the app.

However, the situation is the same. Double-click doesn' twork and the icons for projects and return package are still the same like this:

Screenshot of Trados Studio file structure with folders named 'it-IT', 'Packages', 'pt-BR', 'Reports', and a file '35665_Open_IT_PT' highlighted, all showing a green check status. Timestamps indicate last modification on 06102024 at 11:41 or 11:48.

Anyone with the same issue. Any ideas how to fix it?

Thank you!

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: RWS Community AI at 10:07 AM (GMT 1) on 6 Oct 2024]
emoji
Parents
  • Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with Trados Studio 2024. Based on your description, it seems like you've already tried a few workarounds, including reinstalling the app and following the steps in the provided links.

Here are a few additional steps you can try:

Step 1: Run a repair installation

1. Close all RWS applications.

2. Open the Control Panel:

- For Windows 7: Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.

- For Windows 8: Right-click on the screen at bottom-left corner and choose Control Panel > Uninstall a Program.

- For Windows 10: Right-click on Start > Control Panel > Select View by: Small Icons > Programs and Features.

3. Select Trados Studio 2024, right click and select: Uninstall/Change > Repair.

4. Restart Trados Studio.

Step 2: Reset Trados Studio basic settings

If the above approach does not solve the problem, you can reset non project-related settings:

2. For Windows 7/8/10 you can directly copy/paste the following path in File Explorer, then press the Enter key on the keyboard, to reach the folder location below: C:\Users\%username%\App Data\Roaming\Trados\Trados Studio\

3. Rename Studio24 folder to Studio24_old

4. Restart Trados Studio

If these steps do not resolve your issue, it might be beneficial to check for updates within the application, as sometimes these issues can be resolved with a software update.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with Trados Studio 2024. Based on your description, it seems like you've already tried a few workarounds, including reinstalling the app and following the steps in the provided links.

Here are a few additional steps you can try:

Step 1: Run a repair installation

2. Open the Control Panel:

- For Windows 7: Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.

- For Windows 8: Right-click on the screen at bottom-left corner and choose Control Panel > Uninstall a Program.

- For Windows 10: Right-click on Start > Control Panel > Select View by: Small Icons > Programs and Features.

3. Select Trados Studio 2024, right click and select: Uninstall/Change > Repair.

4. Restart Trados Studio.

Step 2: Reset Trados Studio basic settings

If the above approach does not solve the problem, you can reset non project-related settings:

2. For Windows 7/8/10 you can directly copy/paste the following path in File Explorer, then press the Enter key on the keyboard, to reach the folder location below: C:\Users\%username%\App Data\Roaming\Trados\Trados Studio\

3. Rename Studio24 folder to Studio24_old

4. Restart Trados Studio

If these steps do not resolve your issue, it might be beneficial to check for updates within the application, as sometimes these issues can be resolved with a software update.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
Children
No Data