translating

Why do I get the target view all mixed up with the source? Why can't i save my translation : I always get the source doc?

emoji
Parents
  • "Probability score": 0.7

"Question improvement suggestion": Please provide more details about the issue you're experiencing. This includes the exact steps you're taking when the problem occurs, any error messages you're seeing, and the version of Trados Studio you're using.

In the meantime, based on the information you have provided, here is a suggested answer to your question:

Hello,

It seems like you might be experiencing an issue with the file structure in Trados Studio. When you create a full project in Trados Studio, a folder structure is created that separates the files for you. The source language folder will contain a copy of the source documents and their unsegmented SDLXLIFF (Studio bilingual) files. The target language folder will contain the fully segmented SDLXLIFF files for that language combination, and the target files will be saved in this folder.

If you're using the "Open Document" approach, your SDLXLIFF and Project file is created in the same folder as your source file. When you save the target file, the dialog box offers you the same filename as the original file. To avoid overwriting the target file in error, you can add a prefix to the start of the file name. For example, you can press the home key after entering the filename box and add a 't_' to the start of the file name. This way, you'll immediately know which file is which.

If you're still having trouble, it would be helpful to know more about the exact steps you're taking when the problem occurs, any error messages you're seeing, and the version of Trados Studio you're using.

I hope this answer addressed your question. If not, please reject the answer, add the question improvement suggestion information, and click the RWS Community AI checkbox on the right to try again.

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • "Probability score": 0.7

"Question improvement suggestion": Please provide more details about the issue you're experiencing. This includes the exact steps you're taking when the problem occurs, any error messages you're seeing, and the version of Trados Studio you're using.

In the meantime, based on the information you have provided, here is a suggested answer to your question:

Hello,

It seems like you might be experiencing an issue with the file structure in Trados Studio. When you create a full project in Trados Studio, a folder structure is created that separates the files for you. The source language folder will contain a copy of the source documents and their unsegmented SDLXLIFF (Studio bilingual) files. The target language folder will contain the fully segmented SDLXLIFF files for that language combination, and the target files will be saved in this folder.

If you're using the "Open Document" approach, your SDLXLIFF and Project file is created in the same folder as your source file. When you save the target file, the dialog box offers you the same filename as the original file. To avoid overwriting the target file in error, you can add a prefix to the start of the file name. For example, you can press the home key after entering the filename box and add a 't_' to the start of the file name. This way, you'll immediately know which file is which.

If you're still having trouble, it would be helpful to know more about the exact steps you're taking when the problem occurs, any error messages you're seeing, and the version of Trados Studio you're using.

I hope this answer addressed your question. If not, please reject the answer, add the question improvement suggestion information, and click the RWS Community AI checkbox on the right to try again.

RWS Community AI

emoji
Children