Translation memories are empty - SDL TRADOS Studio 2015 Freelance

Hi everybody, I have problem with translation memories in SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance. At the end of every projects, I find out that translations memories are empty. Could the problem come from the way I create the TM itself or rather from the recording during the work ?

Each time I create a project, I associate a TM to it, and I choose « activate », « research », « concordance » and « update ». Task sequences : « Prepare » et not « Prepare without TM ».

But at the creation, I don’t insert the field nor parameters.

Could you help me, please?

Thank you

Parents Reply
  • I believe that the problem is simple - to update the TM on-the-go (as you translate, behind the scenes) you need to CONFIRM each segment using appropriate keyboard shortcut. And that shortcut is NOT just hitting Enter (which is the human's natural behavior)...
    So, as a result, when one works with Studio intuitively without knowing what SHOULD be done, the TM never updates on-the-go...

In other words - could it be that you are finishing the segments just by hitting Enter (which does NOT send the translation to TM) instead of hitting the confirmation key combination?
    In that case you would need to manually update the TM by setting the segment statuses to Confirmed (or Reviewed or Signed-Off) and then running the Update Main Translation Memory bacth task.

Children
No Data