Unable to open xlf files in Windows 10 with SDL Trados Studio 2014 Freelance

I've recently updated to Windows 10 and now I'm unable to open xlf files in SDL Trados Studio 2014. I get an error that reads: "The identified target language does not match the expected project language". I know it has nothing to do with language codes, as I've had no problem opening the same files in a Windows 7 and Windows 8 PC. Any help?

I attach error message. Thanks in advance!!!!

Parents Reply
  • Hi Violeta,

ok, so your project file is using this:

TargetLanguageCode="es-419" SourceLanguageCode="en-US"

es-419 is the correct code for Spanish (Latin America), so your xliff needs to have this same code to work in this project.  If you open an xliff as a single file project that has the code es-LA the  it won't be recognised and you'll get this:

Note the target language is "(optional)".  This is because it's not recognised and Studio will allow you to set any language you like.  You'll get warning messages but it won't prevent you from saving the file.

However, if you create a project then this is different and you won't be able add a file to an existing project because the languages are already set, and your file won't match.

So you have to change the codes in the xliff to match the recognised codes.

Regards

Paul

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

Children