Error with Subtitling Preview

Hello Paul,

i followed the webinar, downloaded the plug-in and followed the steps listed. I do see the new file type and the Subtitling Preview option in the control pannel from the Editor view. However, when I clic on it, I have the error (see capture). I use a simple srt file. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Thank you

Valérie

• Hi

Thanks for your patience this afternoon while we tried to figure out why this would not work for you.  I have discussed this with the developer after the call and the problem is because the plugin is not supported on Windows 7 or earlier.  We are using components for the preview that are not supported by W7.

I have updated the wiki and the appstore description to reflect this.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

• Thanks Paul, I guess we will need to upgrade to W10 soon. 
    Valérie

• Yes... I believe Microsoft stop supporting W7 from the beginning of next year.  I imagine we will also do the same for all of our products.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 

• Sorry, but I can't reproduce this. This might have been fixed in an update or I just can't get the same video file parameters again - as you know there are tons... I'll get back to this if it pops up naturally again.

Daniel

• Hello Paul,

I have Windows10 and I still have the problem. it gives me an error notification when I click on subtitling preview.  Also, if I want to confirm the translation to be stored in the TM, it gives me an error notification. I have to deactivate the subtitling add-in in order to confirm my translations. Can you help me?

Best,

Turki

• Please can you provide the error stack you see for this error:

Error dialog box in Trados Studio with a red X icon, indicating 'The type initializer for 'Sdl.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemoryApi.TranslationMemory' threw an exception.' with an arrow pointing to a details button and an OK button.

Save it to your desktop and then add the xml file you get to your post.

fyi.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 10:51 AM (GMT 0) on 4 Mar 2024]
  • Thank you. Here is the error stack for confirming the translation:

<SDLErrorDetails time="6/29/2019 10:13:55 AM">
      <ErrorMessage>Could not load type 'Sdl.Core.Settings.AbstractSettingsGroupBase' from assembly 'Sdl.Core.Settings, Version=1.8.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888'.</ErrorMessage>
      <Exception>
        <Type>System.TypeLoadException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</Type>
        <TypeName>Sdl.Core.Settings.AbstractSettingsGroupBase</TypeName>
        <HelpLink />
        <Source>StudioSubtitling</Source>
        <HResult>-2146233054</HResult>
        <StackTrace><![CDATA[   at StudioSubtitling.Verifier.Settings.SubtitlingVerificationSettings.get_CPSEnabled()
       at StudioSubtitling.Verifier.SubtitlingVerifier.CheckParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
       at StudioSubtitling.Verifier.SubtitlingVerifier.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Core.Utilities.BilingualApi.BilingualContentHandlerAdapter.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Core.Utilities.BilingualApi.BilingualContentHandlerAdapter.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.AbstractBilingualProcessorContainer.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.BilingualApi.AbstractBilingualContentProcessor.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.LocationMarkerLocator.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.AbstractBilingualProcessorContainer.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.FileExtractor.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
       at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.TranslationEditor.TranslatableDocument.SingleParagraphUnitBilingualParser.ParseNext()
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.FileExtractor.ParseNext()
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.MultiFileConverter.ParseNext()
       at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.MultiFileConverter.Parse()
       at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.TranslationEditor.TranslatableDocument.VerifySegment(ISegmentContainerNode segmentContainerNode, IParagraphUnitContainerNode paragraphContainerNode, IFileContainerNode fileContainerNode)
       at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.TranslationEditor.SideBySideDocumentEditingView.VerifySegment()
       at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.TranslationEditor.Actions.AbstractConfirmSegmentAction.ExecuteActiveSegment()
       at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.TranslationEditor.Actions.AbstractConfirmSegmentAction.Execute()
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.CommandBars.ActionService.<>c__DisplayClass30_0.<ExecuteAction>b__0()
       at Sdl.Desktop.Logger.Log.Resources(Object message, Action action)
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.CommandBars.ActionService.ExecuteAction(IAction action, ActionOrigin origin, Boolean allowToggle)
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.WinForms.IgCommandBarDynamicActionMenu.Execute()
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.WinForms.IgAbstractCommandBarActionMenu._menu_ToolClick(Object sender, ToolClickEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ToolBase.OnToolClick(ToolClickEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsManager.OnToolClick(ToolClickEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsManager.FireEvent(ToolbarEventIds id, EventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ToolBase.OnToolClick()
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.PopupToolBase.OnToolClick()
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ButtonToolUIElement.DoClickProcessing(MouseEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ButtonToolUIElement.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.ProcessMouseUpHelper(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.ProcessMouseUp(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.Utilities.ProcessEvent(Control control, ProcessEvent eventToProcess, EventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsDockArea.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)]]></StackTrace>
      </Exception>
      <Environment>
        <ProductName>SDL Trados Studio</ProductName>
        <ProductVersion>15.0.0.0</ProductVersion>
        <EntryAssemblyFileVersion>15.1.0.44109</EntryAssemblyFileVersion>
        <OperatingSystem>Microsoft Windows 10 Home</OperatingSystem>
        <ServicePack>NULL</ServicePack>
        <OperatingSystemLanguage>1033</OperatingSystemLanguage>
        <CodePage>1252</CodePage>
        <LoggedOnUser>DESKTOP-0GC3IK5\latof</LoggedOnUser>
        <DotNetFrameWork>4.0.30319.42000</DotNetFrameWork>
        <ComputerName>DESKTOP-0GC3IK5</ComputerName>
        <ConnectedToNetwork>True</ConnectedToNetwork>
        <PhysicalMemory>4012140 MB</PhysicalMemory>
      </Environment>
    </SDLErrorDetails>

Here is the error stack for the subtitling preview: 

<SDLErrorDetails time="6/29/2019 10:16:25 AM">
      <ErrorMessage>Unexpected exception when getting view part instance of view part Subtitling Preview</ErrorMessage>
      <Exception>
        <Type>Sdl.Desktop.Platform.StudioException, Sdl.Desktop.Platform, Version=15.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888</Type>
        <HelpLink />
        <Source>Sdl.Desktop.Platform</Source>
        <HResult>-2146233088</HResult>
        <StackTrace><![CDATA[   at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.AbstractViewWithParts.EnsureViewPartSite(IViewPartReference viewPartReference)
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.AbstractViewWithParts.Control_ShowingViewPart(IViewWithParts view, IViewPartReference viewPartReference)
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.WinForms.DockingViewContentControl.OnShowingViewPart(IViewPartReference viewPartReference)
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.WinForms.DockingViewContentControl.EnsureDockedViewPartControl(DockableControlPane pane)
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.WinForms.DockingViewContentControl.InitializeDockedViewPart(IViewPartReference viewPartReference)
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.WinForms.DockingViewContentControl.ShowViewPart(IViewPartReference viewPartReference)
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.AbstractViewWithParts.ShowViewPart(IViewPartReference viewPartReference)
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.AbstractDockingView.ShowViewPartAction.Execute()
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.CommandBars.ActionService.<>c__DisplayClass30_0.<ExecuteAction>b__0()
       at Sdl.Desktop.Logger.Log.Resources(Object message, Action action)
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.CommandBars.ActionService.ExecuteAction(IAction action, ActionOrigin origin, Boolean allowToggle)
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.WinForms.IgCommandBarAction.Execute()
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.WinForms.IgCommandBarAction._lazyButtonTool_ToolClick(Object sender, ToolClickEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ToolBase.OnToolClick(ToolClickEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsManager.OnToolClick(ToolClickEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsManager.FireEvent(ToolbarEventIds id, EventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ToolBase.OnToolClick()
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ButtonToolUIElement.DoClickProcessing(MouseEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ButtonToolUIElement.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.ProcessMouseUpHelper(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.ProcessMouseUp(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.Utilities.ProcessEvent(Control control, ProcessEvent eventToProcess, EventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsDockArea.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)]]></StackTrace>
        <InnerException>
          <Type>System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</Type>
          <HelpLink />
          <Source>mscorlib</Source>
          <HResult>-2146232828</HResult>
          <StackTrace><![CDATA[   at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
       at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
       at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
       at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
       at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type)
       at Sdl.Core.PluginFramework.Implementation.Extension.CreateInstance()
       at Sdl.Core.PluginFramework.Integration.ExtensionStoreItem..ctor(IExtension extension)
       at Sdl.Core.PluginFramework.Integration.ExtensionsRepository.AddExtension[TResult](IExtension extension, ExtensionArguments arguments, Func`4 instanceCreator)
       at Sdl.Core.PluginFramework.Integration.ExtensionBuilderFactory.Build[TResult](IExtension extension, ExtensionArguments arguments, Boolean useCache)
       at Sdl.Core.PluginFramework.Integration.ExtensionsFactory.Create[TResult](IExtension extension, ExtensionArguments arguments, Boolean useCache)
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.ViewPartDescriptor.CreateInstance()
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.PluginViewPartReference.get_ViewPart()
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.AbstractViewWithParts.EnsureViewPartSite(IViewPartReference viewPartReference)]]></StackTrace>
          <InnerException>
            <Type>System.TypeInitializationException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</Type>
            <TypeName>StudioSubtitling.SubtitlingEditorController</TypeName>
            <HelpLink />
            <HResult>-2146233036</HResult>
            <StackTrace><![CDATA[   at StudioSubtitling.SubtitlingEditorController..ctor()]]></StackTrace>
            <InnerException>
              <Type>System.TypeLoadException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</Type>
              <TypeName>Sdl.Core.Settings.AbstractSettingsGroupBase</TypeName>
              <HelpLink />
              <HResult>-2146233054</HResult>
              <StackTrace><![CDATA[   at StudioSubtitling.ViewModel.MediaElementViewModel.UpdateSubtitleSettings(ISettingsGroup subtitlingSettings, Boolean isEnabled)
       at StudioSubtitling.ViewModel.MediaElementViewModel.SetActiveDocument(Document document)
       at StudioSubtitling.ViewModel.MediaElementViewModel..ctor()
       at StudioSubtitling.SubtitlingEditorControl.LoadView()
       at StudioSubtitling.SubtitlingEditorControl..ctor()
       at StudioSubtitling.SubtitlingEditorController..cctor()]]></StackTrace>
            </InnerException>
          </InnerException>
        </InnerException>
      </Exception>
      <Environment>
        <ProductName>SDL Trados Studio</ProductName>
        <ProductVersion>15.0.0.0</ProductVersion>
        <EntryAssemblyFileVersion>15.1.0.44109</EntryAssemblyFileVersion>
        <OperatingSystem>Microsoft Windows 10 Home</OperatingSystem>
        <ServicePack>NULL</ServicePack>
        <OperatingSystemLanguage>1033</OperatingSystemLanguage>