Help! SRT file format no longer showing under file types

I had this working fine yesterday, but I booted up Trados today and the SRT file type is missing in my file list even though it's showing the plugin as installed. Likewise, whenever I uninstall and reinstall the plugin, which I have done several times (rebooting Trados each time), I'm not getting the "new file type available" notification anymore. Please help!

Trados Studio SDL AppStore window showing installed plugins with 'SRT filetype' listed under 'Installed plug-ins' section.

Trados Studio file types list with various file formats displayed, but the SRT file type is missing from the list.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 11:01 AM (GMT 0) on 4 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents
  • First thing I'd note is this:

Screenshot showing Trados Studio plugin list with a red arrow pointing to the SRT plugin indicating it is no longer needed.

You do not need the SRT plugin anymore with the version of Studio you have.

Next thing is try closing Studio and then delete these folders (you will lose all your plugins when you do this):

c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\16\Plugins

c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\16\Plugins

c:\ProgramData\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\16\Plugins

Then restart Studio, put all your plugins back using the integrated appstore you showed us above and see if this helps?

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
  • First thing I'd note is this:

Screenshot showing Trados Studio plugin list with a red arrow pointing to the SRT plugin indicating it is no longer needed.

You do not need the SRT plugin anymore with the version of Studio you have.

Next thing is try closing Studio and then delete these folders (you will lose all your plugins when you do this):

c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\16\Plugins

c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\16\Plugins

c:\ProgramData\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\16\Plugins

Then restart Studio, put all your plugins back using the integrated appstore you showed us above and see if this helps?

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
Children