Trados Live Essential/Live Team/Enterprise
Trados Business Manager
Language Weaver Connectors
Language Weaver Edge
Tridion Docs Developers
RWS User Experience
Internal Trados Ideas Community
RWS Community Internal Group
RWS Access Customer Portal
RWS Professional Services
RWS Training & Certification
RWS Enterprise Technology Partners
Trados Academic Partners
Trados Approved Trainers
ETUG (European Trados User Group) Public Information
Machine Translation User Group
Nordic Tridion Docs User Group
Tridion Docs Europe & APAC User Group
Tridion UK Meetup
Tridion User Group Benelux
Tridion User Group New England
Tridion User Group Ohio Valley
Tridion West Coast User Group
WorldServer User Group
Trados Studio Ideas
Trados GroupShare Ideas
Trados Live Team Ideas
Trados Live Essential Ideas
Trados Live Terminology Ideas
Trados Enterprise Ideas
Trados Online Editor Ideas
Trados Business Manager Ideas
RWS Appstore Ideas
Tridion Docs Ideas
Tridion Sites Ideas
Language Weaver Ideas
Language Weaver Edge Ideas
Managed Translation - Enterprise Ideas
LiveContent S1000D Ideas
Events & Webinars
To RWS Documentation
To RWS Support
Detecting language please wait for.......
I have been working with Subtitling - SubRip files for several months without any issue. Today, trying to reopen Studio after the Christmas break, the Subtitling part of verification (anything linked to subtitle length) is not working (not showing warnings and error). I have opened project and file settings, checked that all verification parameters were correct and ticked in subtitling, as well as in given language pair.
Any idea on how I can fix this?
Thank you Gwendoline Perret for the details.
If the settings are not preserved, please check if you have a project template that you use when you open new projects, this usually overwrites the existing…
Hi Gwendoline Perret,
Can you please confirm if you have updated Studio when you last opened it after Christmas break?
Also, please open project Settings and go to Verification and see if you have set there, in the individual verifiers?
Also in the Verification settings of Studio Subtitling?
Thanks for your reply. All was indeed checked in the projet settings (and I also double checked the file settings, to be on the safe side). At the time, I hadn't updated Studio.
I spent quite a few hours over the weekend trying to fix it as I really do need to start working on the project. I ended up offloading Studio completely and installing SR2 directly, offloading Subtitling and all linked plug§ins and installing everything from scratch. It still had not fixed the issue.
What actually fixed it was deactivation Studio Subtitling Verifier from the Verification settings in file settings. Closing the file, project and studio. Reopening everything and ticking Studio Subtitling Verifier from the Verification settings in project settings.
I guess an equivalent of turning off and back on... A good 6 hours wasted total trying to fix the issue...
Thanks for your reply.
This is not a permanent fix. The problem remains. I have to do this every time I close Studio. Definitely not stable.
If the settings are not preserved, please check if you have a project template that you use when you open new projects, this usually overwrites the existing settings. In addition, please create a new project with the default settings and add the file and setup the Verification settings in the Subtitle verification option. Confirm with OK, then close the project and open it again and check if the settings were preserved.
Let me know how it goes please!
Thanks Oana, I'll try on the next project. It's just that my agency sends pre-set packages and that's never happened before. All the parameters are already in place.
I'll let you know next week.