Error Encountered in Subtitling Studio Plugin After Trados Studio 2022 SR1 - 17.1.6.16252 Update

I wanted to provide additional details regarding the error I am experiencing, specifically related to the Subtitling Studio plugin, after updating to Trados Studio 2022 SR1 - 17.1.6.16252.

Title: Error Encountered in Subtitling Studio Plugin After Trados Studio 2022 SR1 - 17.1.6.16252 Update

After installing the latest Trados Studio update, I am encountering an error specifically within the Subtitling Studio plugin. This error prevents me from utilizing the plugin's functionalities, rendering it unusable for my subtitling projects.

I have attempted troubleshooting steps, including reinstalling the plugin and ensuring compatibility with the updated Trados Studio version. However, the issue persists, hindering my ability to work efficiently.

I kindly request assistance or guidance on resolving this error in the Subtitling Studio plugin, as it is an essential tool for my subtitling projects. I greatly appreciate any support you can provide to help me regain access to its features.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.  Below I paste the error code:

<SDLErrorDetails time="08.07.2023 06:24:31">
<ErrorMessage>Nie odnaleziono metody: 'Void Sdl.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemoryApi.FileBasedTranslationMemory..ctor(System.String, System.String, System.Globalization.CultureInfo, System.Globalization.CultureInfo, Sdl.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemory.FuzzyIndexes, Sdl.LanguagePlatform.Core.Tokenization.BuiltinRecognizers, Sdl.LanguagePlatform.Core.Tokenization.TokenizerFlags, Sdl.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemory.WordCountFlags, Boolean)'.</ErrorMessage>
<Exception>
<Type>System.MissingMethodException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</Type>
<HelpLink />
<Source>Trados.Community.Toolkit.LanguagePlatform</Source>
<HResult>-2146233069</HResult>
<StackTrace><![CDATA[ w Trados.Community.Toolkit.LanguagePlatform.SegmentPairProcessor.CreateTranslationMemory()
w Trados.Community.Toolkit.LanguagePlatform.SegmentPairProcessor..ctor(Settings settings, PathInfo pathInfo)
w StudioSubtitling.Services.TimelineMarkerService..ctor(CultureInfo source, CultureInfo target, TimelineMarkerPropertyService propertyService, SubtitlingVerificationSettings subtitlingSettings, TimeSpanService timeSpanService, SegmentVisitor segmentVisitor, MediaInfoService mediaInfoService, List`1 documentFileInfos, MediaReference mediaReference)
w StudioSubtitling.ViewModel.SubtitlingViewModel.SetActiveFile(ProjectFile projectFile)
w StudioSubtitling.ViewModel.SubtitlingViewModel.SetActiveDocument(IStudioDocument document)
w StudioSubtitling.ViewModel.SubtitlingViewModel.EditorController_ActiveDocumentChanged(Object sender, DocumentEventArgs e)
w System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
w Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Extensions.EventsExtensions.Raise[T](EventHandler`1 e, Object sender, T eventArgs)
w Sdl.TranslationStudioAutomation.IntegrationApi.EditorController.OnActiveDocumentChanged(IDocument document)
w Sdl.TranslationStudio.Api.Editor.DocumentEventHandler.Invoke(IDocument document)
w Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.EditorService.set_ActiveDocument(IDocument value)
w Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.EditorView.OnActiveViewPartChanged(IViewPartReference viewPartReference)
w Sdl.Desktop.Platform.AbstractViewWithParts.Control_ActiveViewPartChanged(IViewWithParts view, IViewPartReference viewPartReference)
w Sdl.Platform.UI.DockingViewContentControl.OnActiveViewPartChanged(IViewPartReference viewPartReference)
w Sdl.Platform.UI.DockingViewContentControl.InternalActivateViewPart(IViewPartReference viewPartToActivate)
w Sdl.Platform.UI.DockingViewContentControl._tabControl_SelectedTabChanged(Object sender, SelectedTabChangedEventArgs e)
w Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTabControl.UltraTabControlBase.OnSelectedTabChanged(SelectedTabChangedEventArgs e)
w Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTabControl.UltraTabControlBase.RaiseEvent(UltraTabControlEventId id, EventArgs e)
w Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTabControl.UltraTabControlBase.OnManagerSelectedTabItemChanged(Object sender, SelectedTabItemChangedEventArgs e)
w Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTabs.TabManager.set_SelectedTabItem(ITabItem value)
w Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTabControl.UltraTabControlBase.SetSelectedTab(UltraTab tab)
w Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTabControl.UltraTabControlBase.set_SelectedTab(UltraTab value)
w Sdl.Platform.UI.DockingViewContentControl.AddViewPartTab(IViewPartReference viewPartReference)
w Sdl.Platform.UI.DockingViewContentControl.AddViewPart(IViewPartReference viewPartReference)
w Sdl.Platform.UI.DockingViewContentControl.NotifyViewPartAdded(IViewPartReference viewPartReference)
w Sdl.Desktop.Platform.AbstractViewWithParts.AddViewPart(IViewPartReference viewPartReference)
w Sdl.Desktop.Platform.AbstractDockingView.AddViewPart(IViewPartReference viewPartReference)
w Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.EditorView.AddDocumentViewPart(IViewPartReference documentViewPartReference)
w Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.Shared.InternalEditorContext.AddDocumentViewPart(IDocumentViewPart documentViewPart)
w Sdl.TranslationStudio.Api.Editor.AbstractInternalDocument.AfterLoad(IJob job)]]></StackTrace>
</Exception>
<Environment>
<ProductName>Trados Studio</ProductName>
<ProductVersion>Studio17</ProductVersion>
<EntryAssemblyFileVersion>17.1.6.16252</EntryAssemblyFileVersion>
<OperatingSystem>Microsoft Windows 10 Pro</OperatingSystem>
<ServicePack>NULL</ServicePack>
<OperatingSystemLanguage>1045</OperatingSystemLanguage>
<CodePage>1250</CodePage>
<LoggedOnUser>HYPERBOOKX17\5415</LoggedOnUser>
<DotNetFrameWork>4.0.30319.42000</DotNetFrameWork>
<ComputerName>HYPERBOOKX17</ComputerName>
<ConnectedToNetwork>True</ConnectedToNetwork>
<PhysicalMemory>16732920 MB</PhysicalMemory>
</Environment>
</SDLErrorDetails>

Moved the error stack to a code block for readability.
[edited by: Paul at 6:31 PM (GMT 1) on 8 Jul 2023]
emoji
Parents
  • I’m having the exact same issue after upgrading from Trados Studio 2022 to Trados Studio 2022 SR1 just now. I have successfully used the Subtitling plug-in with the original version of Trados Studio 2022, and I’ve also already uninstalled the old Subtitling plug-in and reinstalled the newest version via the integrated AppStore as shown by  after deleting everyting in the folders indicated above in this thread. I’m still getting the same error message as  .
    If anyone has any other suggestions, I’d greatly appreciate it.

emoji
  • I wanted to share an important tip that I have found useful in my experience with Trados and software updates. Prior to any update, whether it's for Trados or any other software, I highly recommend creating a system image. This will allow you to revert back to a previous state in case any issues arise during or after the update process.

Having a system image provides a safety net, ensuring that you can easily return to a stable configuration if something goes wrong. It can save valuable time and effort in troubleshooting and resolving potential issues caused by updates.

In cases where a system image is not available, a clean installation of Trados can also be a viable solution. By uninstalling the current version and performing a fresh installation, you can effectively return to a previous version that was stable and reliable.

I understand that system images and clean installations may require some extra time and effort, but they can greatly mitigate potential risks associated with updates. It is always better to be prepared and have a contingency plan in place.

Additionally, it is worth noting that in some cases, issues encountered after updates may not necessarily be caused by specific plugins but rather the update itself. It is possible that a future update of Trados will address and resolve the issue at hand.

emoji
  • I wanted to share an important tip that I have found useful in my experience with Trados and software updates. Prior to any update, whether it's for Trados or any other software, I highly recommend creating a system image. This will allow you to revert back to a previous state in case any issues arise during or after the update process.

Having a system image provides a safety net, ensuring that you can easily return to a stable configuration if something goes wrong. It can save valuable time and effort in troubleshooting and resolving potential issues caused by updates.

In cases where a system image is not available, a clean installation of Trados can also be a viable solution. By uninstalling the current version and performing a fresh installation, you can effectively return to a previous version that was stable and reliable.

I understand that system images and clean installations may require some extra time and effort, but they can greatly mitigate potential risks associated with updates. It is always better to be prepared and have a contingency plan in place.

Additionally, it is worth noting that in some cases, issues encountered after updates may not necessarily be caused by specific plugins but rather the update itself. It is possible that a future update of Trados will address and resolve the issue at hand.

emoji
Children