Error Encountered in Subtitling Studio Plugin After Trados Studio 2022 SR1 - 17.1.6.16252 Update

I wanted to provide additional details regarding the error I am experiencing, specifically related to the Subtitling Studio plugin, after updating to Trados Studio 2022 SR1 - 17.1.6.16252.

Title: Error Encountered in Subtitling Studio Plugin After Trados Studio 2022 SR1 - 17.1.6.16252 Update

After installing the latest Trados Studio update, I am encountering an error specifically within the Subtitling Studio plugin. This error prevents me from utilizing the plugin's functionalities, rendering it unusable for my subtitling projects.

I have attempted troubleshooting steps, including reinstalling the plugin and ensuring compatibility with the updated Trados Studio version. However, the issue persists, hindering my ability to work efficiently.

I kindly request assistance or guidance on resolving this error in the Subtitling Studio plugin, as it is an essential tool for my subtitling projects. I greatly appreciate any support you can provide to help me regain access to its features.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.  Below I paste the error code:

<SDLErrorDetails time="08.07.2023 06:24:31">
<ErrorMessage>Nie odnaleziono metody: 'Void Sdl.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemoryApi.FileBasedTranslationMemory..ctor(System.String, System.String, System.Globalization.CultureInfo, System.Globalization.CultureInfo, Sdl.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemory.FuzzyIndexes, Sdl.LanguagePlatform.Core.Tokenization.BuiltinRecognizers, Sdl.LanguagePlatform.Core.Tokenization.TokenizerFlags, Sdl.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemory.WordCountFlags, Boolean)'.</ErrorMessage>
<Exception>
<Type>System.MissingMethodException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</Type>
<HelpLink />
<Source>Trados.Community.Toolkit.LanguagePlatform</Source>
<HResult>-2146233069</HResult>
<StackTrace><![CDATA[ w Trados.Community.Toolkit.LanguagePlatform.SegmentPairProcessor.CreateTranslationMemory()
w Trados.Community.Toolkit.LanguagePlatform.SegmentPairProcessor..ctor(Settings settings, PathInfo pathInfo)
w StudioSubtitling.Services.TimelineMarkerService..ctor(CultureInfo source, CultureInfo target, TimelineMarkerPropertyService propertyService, SubtitlingVerificationSettings subtitlingSettings, TimeSpanService timeSpanService, SegmentVisitor segmentVisitor, MediaInfoService mediaInfoService, List`1 documentFileInfos, MediaReference mediaReference)
w StudioSubtitling.ViewModel.SubtitlingViewModel.SetActiveFile(ProjectFile projectFile)
w StudioSubtitling.ViewModel.SubtitlingViewModel.SetActiveDocument(IStudioDocument document)
w StudioSubtitling.ViewModel.SubtitlingViewModel.EditorController_ActiveDocumentChanged(Object sender, DocumentEventArgs e)
w System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
w Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Extensions.EventsExtensions.Raise[T](EventHandler`1 e, Object sender, T eventArgs)
w Sdl.TranslationStudioAutomation.IntegrationApi.EditorController.OnActiveDocumentChanged(IDocument document)
w Sdl.TranslationStudio.Api.Editor.DocumentEventHandler.Invoke(IDocument document)
w Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.EditorService.set_ActiveDocument(IDocument value)
w Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.EditorView.OnActiveViewPartChanged(IViewPartReference viewPartReference)
w Sdl.Desktop.Platform.AbstractViewWithParts.Control_ActiveViewPartChanged(IViewWithParts view, IViewPartReference viewPartReference)
w Sdl.Platform.UI.DockingViewContentControl.OnActiveViewPartChanged(IViewPartReference viewPartReference)
w Sdl.Platform.UI.DockingViewContentControl.InternalActivateViewPart(IViewPartReference viewPartToActivate)
w Sdl.Platform.UI.DockingViewContentControl._tabControl_SelectedTabChanged(Object sender, SelectedTabChangedEventArgs e)
w Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTabControl.UltraTabControlBase.OnSelectedTabChanged(SelectedTabChangedEventArgs e)
w Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTabControl.UltraTabControlBase.RaiseEvent(UltraTabControlEventId id, EventArgs e)
w Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTabControl.UltraTabControlBase.OnManagerSelectedTabItemChanged(Object sender, SelectedTabItemChangedEventArgs e)
w Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTabs.TabManager.set_SelectedTabItem(ITabItem value)
w Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTabControl.UltraTabControlBase.SetSelectedTab(UltraTab tab)
w Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTabControl.UltraTabControlBase.set_SelectedTab(UltraTab value)
w Sdl.Platform.UI.DockingViewContentControl.AddViewPartTab(IViewPartReference viewPartReference)
w Sdl.Platform.UI.DockingViewContentControl.AddViewPart(IViewPartReference viewPartReference)
w Sdl.Platform.UI.DockingViewContentControl.NotifyViewPartAdded(IViewPartReference viewPartReference)
w Sdl.Desktop.Platform.AbstractViewWithParts.AddViewPart(IViewPartReference viewPartReference)
w Sdl.Desktop.Platform.AbstractDockingView.AddViewPart(IViewPartReference viewPartReference)
w Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.EditorView.AddDocumentViewPart(IViewPartReference documentViewPartReference)
w Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.Shared.InternalEditorContext.AddDocumentViewPart(IDocumentViewPart documentViewPart)
w Sdl.TranslationStudio.Api.Editor.AbstractInternalDocument.AfterLoad(IJob job)]]></StackTrace>
</Exception>
<Environment>
<ProductName>Trados Studio</ProductName>
<ProductVersion>Studio17</ProductVersion>
<EntryAssemblyFileVersion>17.1.6.16252</EntryAssemblyFileVersion>
<OperatingSystem>Microsoft Windows 10 Pro</OperatingSystem>
<ServicePack>NULL</ServicePack>
<OperatingSystemLanguage>1045</OperatingSystemLanguage>
<CodePage>1250</CodePage>
<LoggedOnUser>HYPERBOOKX17\5415</LoggedOnUser>
<DotNetFrameWork>4.0.30319.42000</DotNetFrameWork>
<ComputerName>HYPERBOOKX17</ComputerName>
<ConnectedToNetwork>True</ConnectedToNetwork>
<PhysicalMemory>16732920 MB</PhysicalMemory>
</Environment>
</SDLErrorDetails>

Moved the error stack to a code block for readability.
[edited by: Paul at 6:31 PM (GMT 1) on 8 Jul 2023]
emoji
  •  

If you review the release notes with SR1 you will see there were some fairly major breaking changes that affect the use of the APIs. Not all developers have updated their plugins yet. So the best approach is to delete everything you have in these folders:

%APPDATA%\Trados\Trados Studio\17\Plugins

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Trados\Trados Studio\17\Plugins

c:\ProgramData\Trados\Trados Studio\17\Plugins

Then restart Studio and reinstall them via the integrated AppStore in Trados Studio. This way you will only install the ones that will actually work with SR1. If your apps are not in the list yet then contact the developer via the support link at https://appstore.rws.com/ for the app in question (every developer has some form of contact details) and ask them to update their apps for SR1.

Having said all of this the subtitling apps should have been updated so I can only guess you haven't updated your plugins for a while because we also updated the old one to make sure it would not load into 2022 SR1.  You could be well out of date.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  • Nie odnaleziono metody:

'Void Sdl.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemoryApi.FileBasedTranslationMemory..ctor(System.String, System.String, System.Globalization.CultureInfo, System.Globalization.CultureInfo, Sdl.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemory.FuzzyIndexes, Sdl.LanguagePlatform.Core.Tokenization.BuiltinRecognizers, Sdl.LanguagePlatform.Core.Tokenization.TokenizerFlags, Sdl.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemory.WordCountFlags, Boolean)'. System.MissingMethodException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 Trados.Community.Toolkit.LanguagePlatform -2146233069

w Trados.Community.Toolkit.LanguagePlatform.SegmentPairProcessor.CreateTranslationMemory() w Trados.Community.Toolkit.LanguagePlatform.SegmentPairProcessor..ctor(Settings settings, PathInfo pathInfo) w StudioSubtitling.Services.TimelineMarkerService..ctor(CultureInfo source, CultureInfo target, TimelineMarkerPropertyService propertyService, SubtitlingVerificationSettings subtitlingSettings, TimeSpanService timeSpanService, SegmentVisitor segmentVisitor, MediaInfoService mediaInfoService, List`1 documentFileInfos, MediaReference mediaReference) w StudioSubtitling.ViewModel.SubtitlingViewModel.SetActiveFile(ProjectFile projectFile) w StudioSubtitling.ViewModel.SubtitlingViewModel.SetActiveDocument(IStudioDocument document) w StudioSubtitling.ViewModel.SubtitlingViewModel.EditorController_ActiveDocumentChanged(Object sender, DocumentEventArgs e) w System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e) w Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Extensions.EventsExtensions.Raise[T](EventHandler`1 e, Object sender, T eventArgs) w Sdl.TranslationStudioAutomation.IntegrationApi.EditorController.OnActiveDocumentChanged(IDocument document) w Sdl.TranslationStudio.Api.Editor.DocumentEventHandler.Invoke(IDocument document) w Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.EditorService.set_ActiveDocument(IDocument value) w Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.EditorView.OnActiveViewPartChanged(IViewPartReference viewPartReference) w Sdl.Desktop.Platform.AbstractViewWithParts.Control_ActiveViewPartChanged(IViewWithParts view, IViewPartReference viewPartReference) w Sdl.Platform.UI.DockingViewContentControl.OnActiveViewPartChanged(IViewPartReference viewPartReference) w Sdl.Platform.UI.DockingViewContentControl.InternalActivateViewPart(IViewPartReference viewPartToActivate) w Sdl.Platform.UI.DockingViewContentControl._tabControl_SelectedTabChanged(Object sender, SelectedTabChangedEventArgs e) w Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTabControl.UltraTabControlBase.OnSelectedTabChanged(SelectedTabChangedEventArgs e) w Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTabControl.UltraTabControlBase.RaiseEvent(UltraTabControlEventId id, EventArgs e) w Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTabControl.UltraTabControlBase.OnManagerSelectedTabItemChanged(Object sender, SelectedTabItemChangedEventArgs e) w Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTabs.TabManager.set_SelectedTabItem(ITabItem value) w Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTabControl.UltraTabControlBase.SetSelectedTab(UltraTab tab) w Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTabControl.UltraTabControlBase.set_SelectedTab(UltraTab value) w Sdl.Platform.UI.DockingViewContentControl.AddViewPartTab(IViewPartReference viewPartReference) w Sdl.Platform.UI.DockingViewContentControl.AddViewPart(IViewPartReference viewPartReference) w Sdl.Platform.UI.DockingViewContentControl.NotifyViewPartAdded(IViewPartReference viewPartReference) w Sdl.Desktop.Platform.AbstractViewWithParts.AddViewPart(IViewPartReference viewPartReference) w Sdl.Desktop.Platform.AbstractDockingView.AddViewPart(IViewPartReference viewPartReference) w Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.EditorView.AddDocumentViewPart(IViewPartReference documentViewPartReference) w Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.Shared.InternalEditorContext.AddDocumentViewPart(IDocumentViewPart documentViewPart) w Sdl.TranslationStudio.Api.Editor.AbstractInternalDocument.AfterLoad(IJob job)

emoji
  • I followed the instructions provided, but unfortunately, they did not yield the desired results. I reinstalled all the plugins without any issues until I installed the Subtitling Studio plugin.

I kindly request further guidance or suggestions on resolving this problem. I am still keen on using the functionalities of the Subtitling Studio plugin, and any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

• It is the same error code after instaling Studio Subtitling.

I'm considering reinstalling Trados, but I have a question regarding deactivating the activation code from within the program. If I deactivate the activation code, will it be counted as a license reset? I'm wondering if this would help in removing all remnants of Trados, except for projects and memories, and then reinstalling it. Of course, this would involve configuring the program from scratch, but I'm willing to do so if necessary.

Additionally, I would like to mention that the error occurs immediately after launching the program with the plugin installed.

emoji
  •  

I reinstalled all the plugins without any issues until I installed the Subtitling Studio plugin.

Where did you get it from?  I specifically asked you to do this from the Studio integration to make sure you got the right one... I am pretty sure that you have not done what you were asked and removed all the plugins and then reinstalled via the integrted appstore:

Screenshot showing the subtitling plugin within the studio integration for the appstore.

You can see in the image that I have this installed and I am also using SR1.  This version was specifically updated to work with SR1.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 

emoji
  • I uninstalled all the plugins from the program by removing them from the specified locations. Before installing Trados 2022, I had the 2021 version installed, which was functioning properly. However, after installing Trados 2022, I noticed that the program still showed the 2021 version. Realizing this discrepancy, I proceeded to uninstall Trados 2021, leaving only the Trados 2022 version installed. However, I am unsure if the installation of Trados 2022, may not have been compromised during the previous uninstall of Trados 2021.

I am considering uninstalling Trados Studio 2022 and completely removing any traces of it from my disk, including cleaning the registry, in order to perform a fresh and clean installation. However, the only remaining concern is the licensing issue. On my account, it indicates that I am no longer able to perform a license reset, even though I have only performed it once before.

emoji
  •  

Before installing Trados 2022, I had the 2021 version installed, which was functioning properly. However, after installing Trados 2022, I noticed that the program still showed the 2021 version.

This has noting to do with your problem.  I have 2015, 2017, 2019, 2021 and 2022 installed all using different plugins.  Trados Studio is designed to support the different versions to run independently and they do not share resources that are needed to run the application.

I do not believe your problem requires a reinstall.  However, if you must then just reinstall... you don't need to deactivate a licence to do this unless you plan to reinstall on a different machine. 

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

emoji
  • Before the update, I created a system image, which allows me to revert back to the previous version, a lower one in this case. I encountered a situation immediately after purchasing the license where I mistakenly installed Trados Studio 2022 incorrectly. As a result, I had to perform a quick reinstallation. However, I discovered that I needed to reset the license, despite reinstalling Trados on the same disk and laptop. I had to reach out to support to request a license reset, most likely due to my own mistake :).

I would like to take this opportunity to express my gratitude for the assistance provided during this process. Unfortunately, despite our efforts, we were unable to resolve the error. It is regrettable that the issue could not be fixed.

Perhaps when I have more free time, I will perform a clean reinstall of Trados. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to do it at the moment.Screenshot of Trados Studio showing an error message in a red box stating 'Nie odnaleziono metody: Void' followed by a list of system file paths and an 'OK' button.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 11:05 AM (GMT 0) on 4 Mar 2024]
  • I’m having the exact same issue after upgrading from Trados Studio 2022 to Trados Studio 2022 SR1 just now. I have successfully used the Subtitling plug-in with the original version of Trados Studio 2022, and I’ve also already uninstalled the old Subtitling plug-in and reinstalled the newest version via the integrated AppStore as shown by  after deleting everyting in the folders indicated above in this thread. I’m still getting the same error message as  .
    If anyone has any other suggestions, I’d greatly appreciate it.

emoji
  • I wanted to share an important tip that I have found useful in my experience with Trados and software updates. Prior to any update, whether it's for Trados or any other software, I highly recommend creating a system image. This will allow you to revert back to a previous state in case any issues arise during or after the update process.

Having a system image provides a safety net, ensuring that you can easily return to a stable configuration if something goes wrong. It can save valuable time and effort in troubleshooting and resolving potential issues caused by updates.

In cases where a system image is not available, a clean installation of Trados can also be a viable solution. By uninstalling the current version and performing a fresh installation, you can effectively return to a previous version that was stable and reliable.

I understand that system images and clean installations may require some extra time and effort, but they can greatly mitigate potential risks associated with updates. It is always better to be prepared and have a contingency plan in place.

Additionally, it is worth noting that in some cases, issues encountered after updates may not necessarily be caused by specific plugins but rather the update itself. It is possible that a future update of Trados will address and resolve the issue at hand.

emoji
  • Thank you for this tip, Marek. I will keep that in mind for the next upgrade … or if the bug with the subtitling plug-in doesn’t get resolved otherwise.

emoji