srt files not recognized

Hello,

I am struggling with subtitles file in .srt.

I have downloaded the app Studio Subtitling and trying to create a project, but Trados keeps me saying that is does not recognize the .srt file.

I tried renaming it, and with another .srt file I know it works in another CAT tool...

By the past I have translated .srt files in older Trados versions.

It's said in the Studio subtitling app that Trados 21/22 supports .srt out of the box.

It's kind of that every new update, we get a new issue.

Can you help me solve this new issue?

Thank you.

I am running the last version of Trados 2022.

emoji
Parents
  • Hi  , can you share with me the .srt file so that I can understand better why this is failing to be recognized by the srt filetype? 

Upload the file (zipped) to dropbox, oneDrive etc... and share the download link with me, phartnett@rws.com

emoji
  • Hello Patrick,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Problem solved!
    It was not the file that was causing the troubles.

The problem was in the Project or Option pane.
    There is a link on the top that says "Additional installed file exist" where I had not clicked on it!!!!

QUESTION: why on Earth should I click again on a link when I have already decided to install an app and new files formats and also restarted Trados?
    Why are there so many steps?
    Couldn't it be possible to have just one step?
    And if some security reason that a dunce like me wouldn't know, couldn't it be possible to get a message advertising us that we will still need to activate this new types of files in the Project or Option panes?

And as I said in my previous message, before asking for help, I tried with another .srt file, to exclude the fact that the first file was corrupted. Trados wouldn't accept it either!
    And I also said that I could open the incriminated file in another CAT tool.
    This two steps excluded for me any corruption of the file.

Thank you for your help anyway!

Best regards,

Pierre S.

Trados Studio Options window showing File Types pane with a highlighted message 'Additional installed File Types exist.'

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 11:06 AM (GMT 0) on 4 Mar 2024]
  • Hello Patrick,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Problem solved!
    It was not the file that was causing the troubles.

The problem was in the Project or Option pane.
    There is a link on the top that says "Additional installed file exist" where I had not clicked on it!!!!

QUESTION: why on Earth should I click again on a link when I have already decided to install an app and new files formats and also restarted Trados?
    Why are there so many steps?
    Couldn't it be possible to have just one step?
    And if some security reason that a dunce like me wouldn't know, couldn't it be possible to get a message advertising us that we will still need to activate this new types of files in the Project or Option panes?

And as I said in my previous message, before asking for help, I tried with another .srt file, to exclude the fact that the first file was corrupted. Trados wouldn't accept it either!
    And I also said that I could open the incriminated file in another CAT tool.
    This two steps excluded for me any corruption of the file.

Thank you for your help anyway!

Best regards,

Pierre S.

Trados Studio Options window showing File Types pane with a highlighted message 'Additional installed File Types exist.'

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 11:06 AM (GMT 0) on 4 Mar 2024]
Children