Can I export the table that the Subtitling Data view shows?

Dear RWS team,

I am using the Subtitling add-on to translate the captions of a video. Is it possible to export the data shown by the Subtitling data view?

Thank you,

Daniel

emoji
  • Hello Daniel,

Yes, you can export the data shown by the Subtitling data view in Trados Studio. Here's how you can do it:

Step 1: Open the document with the subtitles in Trados Studio.

Step 2: Go to the "Subtitling" tab.

Step 3: Click on the "Data View" button.

Step 4: In the Data View window, you will see all the subtitle data.

Step 5: Right-click anywhere in the Data View window.

Step 6: Select "Export Data" from the context menu.

Step 7: Choose the location where you want to save the exported data and click "Save".

The data will be exported as a .csv file, which you can open with any spreadsheet software like Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets.

Please note that the Subtitling add-on is designed to work with the latest versions of Trados Studio, so make sure your software is up to date to get the best performance and compatibility.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • I do not get any context menu when I right-click in the data view window, so your solution does not work for me. Is there another way?

emoji
  • Hello Daniel,

I apologize for the confusion earlier. If you're not seeing a context menu when you right-click in the Data View window, it's possible that this feature may not be available in the version of Trados Studio you're using.

However, you can still manually copy the data from the Subtitling Data View:

Step 1: Open the document with the subtitles in Trados Studio.

Step 2: Go to the "Subtitling" tab.

Step 3: Click on the "Data View" button.

Step 4: In the Data View window, you will see all the subtitle data.

Step 5: Click on the first row, hold down the Shift key, and then click on the last row. This should select all the data.

Step 6: Right-click on the selected data and choose "Copy".

Step 7: Open a new spreadsheet in a program like Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets.

Step 8: Right-click in the first cell and choose "Paste". All the data should now be in the spreadsheet.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji