Over the years (and various Studio releases) we have been asked why it has not been possible to keep the previous version after upgrading.
Starting with the Studio 2019 release, we made it possible to have both versions installed and active on the same machine.
This ensures the greatest level of flexibility, as you are now able to complete ongoing projects in your current version, whilst starting new projects in Studio 2022, minimizing any downtime and allowing you time to become familiar with the new features.
The following applies to all users of Studio 2022 Starter/Freelance and Professional (single user) licenses.
Once the upgrade has been purchased, you will see you have an upgrade(s) available in your RWS account
You can now process your upgrade by clicking on the Upgrade(1) box
(if you have multiple licenses, you can choose how many you want to upgrade).
Once you have processed the upgrade- you will see the following...
click again on 'Licenses' and you will see the new activation code
Access your RWS account (via the machine you have Studio 2021 installed) go to 'DOWNLOADS' and install Trados 2022 only.
Once you have successfully installed Trados 2022- you will see the following Window-
Copy and Paste the new Trados 2022 activation code from the 'Licenses and subscriptions' area of your RWS account (shown earlier), and simply paste the code in the activation box and click Activate
You can start using Trados 2022 and/or Trados 2021 immediately
You can now install MultiTerm (a separate license is not required to activate MultiTerm)
- If you would like to continue running Trados 2021- you must install Trados 2022 on the same machine as they share the same license activation (upgrades only).
- You cannot install and activate Trados 2022 and Trados 2021 on separate machines.
- If you are planning on moving your Studio license(s) to a new machine, please deactivate Studio 2019 and install on to the new machine first and then follow the instructions above.
- RWS releases regular updates for both Trados and MultiTerm- you will be notified of any pending updates (including Apps from the RWS AppStore) via the notification Tab/Icon
- When updating Trados, you must also update MultiTerm at the same time.
If you have any further questions, please contact our CX team via Live Chat