Under Community Review

Add "PE" for "post-edited" next to 100% pre-translated segments that were originally machine translation

Wouldn't it be practical for translator and project manager alike to be able to distinguish between those 100%-matches that were made from scratch and those that were post-edited from NMT?

It would help to recognize the potentially more direct translations quicker and allow for revision if necessary. Adding a check box in the Analysis batch task to distinguish between these might be interesting as well.

Alternatively, one could also just add the option of penalizing the TM-match if it was generated by NMT, just like alignment matches can be.

• Can't you do this already?

Screenshot showing two segments in Trados Studio Ideas. The top segment displays a 100% TM match with a green checkmark, and the bottom segment shows a post-edited Machine Translation with an NMT tag.

The top one is a post-edited TM match, and the bottom one is a post-edited Machine Translation.

What seems to be missing I think is the ability to filter effectively on these (the AND/OR feature in the advanced display filter seems to be failing to recognise the filtered options) and the WIP report isn't really customisable in a way you can report on these.  I don't think an analysis report is much use anyway as I think it's based on source compared to TM and not edited status compared to what was in your bilingual file.

Using the Reports Viewer Plus (from the appstore) could be a possibility if you are comfortable with stylesheets.