SDL Trados Business Manager Lite is a lightweight version of standalone SDL Trados Business Manager Team. It has limited set of functions, but at the same time it's easier to use and yet has all main features needed for freelancers. To facilitate switching from SDL Trados Business Manager Team to SDL Trados Business Manager Lite, there is data import support implemented. To transfer all your data to BM Lite, follow these steps:
- Launch BM Team, open settings and click Export data to json button on the ribbon.
- Open BM Lite, click Options and click Import JSON from TBM Desktop button on the toolbar.
- Select exported file and click OK.
- Wait until import process is finished.
- Check/compare your data to confirm that everything was imported correctly.
Since Lite version has less data comparing to standalone version, such entities as translation assignments, additional expenses, credit notes, corrective invoices, and others, won't be imported. Additionally, the following data won't be transferred:
- Specialization categories in prices;
- Customers: address code and default tax 3;
- Invoice and quote number formats;
- Custom invoice and quote templates.