MultiTerm access producing error messages

Hi,

I have been chatting with Anca for a while on an issue with MultiTerm. I can't seem to get access to it anymore. Studio seems to use it for the translation work, but trying to get in through MultiTerm is impossible. Have done all the different troubleshooting steps with no success. Both Trados and MultiTerm are of the latest 22 version. Uninstalled and restarted 3 or 4 times. Changed file names, restarted, etc. Still no go. Can someone help?

Removed the full detauils.
[edited by: Paul at 12:16 PM (GMT 1) on 14 Jun 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply Children
  • Now that I look at it, it sounds a bit weird to have it there. This problem seems to have appeared in March when I put in the SR2 update...

emoji
  •   

Try moving it to here instead:

C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Studio 2019\SDLTB\_Translation Memories\delaval.sdltb

You probably do have a Documents folder that is not part of OneDrive.  OneDrive is notorious for causing problems because of synch issues and I would recommend you do not use it.  I have some in there for testing every now and again but if I was using Trados Studio for production use I would not put any files at all into the OneDrive folder.  I would run a backup outside of the automatic synching process if I really wanted to have my files in OneDrive.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  • Hi Paul,

Tried this but still the same. I think I have too many old Trados and MultiTerm in my computer and it is confused on which one to use. Can someone connect and check all these files and clean this up.?Not sure what I can and cannot do with all of these. I uninstalled the older software versions, but the databases are in several places. 

emoji
  • Hi Paul,

I am totally discouraged right now. We have tried a ton of solutions but none of them work. I am stuck with a Trados that works with a dummy database that doesn’t get updated since early may.

I have uninstalled MultiTerm and reinstalled it many times, and not on  OneDrive to do the same as Trados.

Spent hours trying to fix this. Can you suggest anything else, I am totally baffled.

Thanks

emoji
  •  

I will log a support case on your behalf, but you won't get this looked at until Monday at the earliest.  So in the meantime perhaps have a go at this some time between now and then:

1. create a new project in Trados Studio
    2. go to your project settings
    3. create a new termbase in your settings
    4. test and see if that works

The one other thing we have not validated is that your termbase is actually sound.  It could have been corrupted by working with it through OneDrive so worth checking if the problem isn't something else.  This check is simple and fast... like this in case you're unsure:

Also...

but the databases are in several places. 

Presumably you are referring to your SDLTM and SDLTB files?  It doesn't matter where these are as these are only user files and they will all be fine with any version of Trados Studio from 2009 onwards.  But for the future I'd recommend you create one location of your own and always use that same location (not OneDrive).  That way when you upgrade, or downgrade, it will never matter as you always know where to go and find these resources.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 

emoji
  • Hi Paul,

Tried that a couple of times and it won't let me create a termbase. It crashes when I hit finish...

emoji
  •  

ok - I have logged the case.  A support engineer will no doubt clean up your system and sort this out next week.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

emoji