Feedback Studio 2022 SR1 – "There was a communications or connection error."

Dear RWS team,

I have been using SR1 intensively in the past few days and have noticed a major difference in the behaviour with the connection to the Groupshare server. I get the dialog box

There was a communications or connection error.
Please check your server connection settings, network and internet connections, and that the server is available.

extremely often. E.g. if I leave my desk for a few minutes, the error will be displayed when I come back. Fortunately it doesn't get in the way during work in the editor, except sometimes when I switch between Studio and Antidote and back: then the modal dialog box will prevent me to type the correction until I close it.

Note that I have been working on projects with 400+ files.

Stack trace:
/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/347/88822.sdlerror_2D00_2023716_2D00_23h11m41s.sdlerror.xml

Update: another message in the same circumstances (left the desk and came back):
Error dialog box in Trados Studio indicating a request channel timeout and suggesting to increase the timeout value or the SendTimeout value.

Stack trace:
/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/347/sdlerror_2D00_2023717_2D00_0h8m15s.sdlerror.xml

Philippe

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 7:07 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply
  • Hi , Thanks for the suggestion. I have not experienced the issue recently, only because I had no project with hundreds of files. I will come back to this thread when I have a chance to try it.

By the way, with these projects I have been running into an other small network issue (maybe related). I can easily check out 400 files, but never check them in at once. I have noticed that the "sweet spot" is around 120 files. E.g. when I have 400 files to check in, Studio will always fail with a timeout if I try to check in all 400, but also 200, 150… With successive trials, I learnt that I need to check in 3×120 files and then remaining ones. However I will provide the screenshots and the exact error when the issue shows up again. It is possible that the entry in the hosts file fixes both network problems.

Philippe

emoji
Children
No Data