Problem with MT Enhanced PlugIn - The format of value '<null>' is invalid

Hi everyone,

we are currently trying to use the MT Enhanced Plugin together with Microsoft Translator. I can configure the plugin with no problems. The Translator Key from MS Translator also seems to be accepted. However, when trying to pre-populate segments with MT output, the following error message is shown: 

The format of value '<null>' is invalid.

I tried different files, but I always get this message. I am using Studio 2019 SR2 - 15.2.7.2849 and Version 4.3.12.0 of the MT Enhanced Plugin.

Any help or advice on this would be much appreciated. 

Regards, 

Frank

emoji
Parents Reply Children
  • Hi Paul,

thanks a lot for looking into this. 

Please find enclosed the two files I used for testing:

/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/160/Testdatei.docx

/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/160/Testdatei.pptx

As far as the Studio version is concerned, I will try to update my version and get back to you on this. 

One more question: The location/region setting of our MS translator is set to "westeurope". May this be something that could cause this behavior? I read in some other thread that changing this setting to "global" could change the behavior of the plugin. 

Best regards, 

Frank

emoji
  • Hi Frank,

I was waiting to see if you updating would help.

Anyway... I created a video with your files creating a project with pre-translation and into four target languages.  I have no problems as you can see so I think you either need to upgrade, or maybe the region does have something to do with this.  Have yo tried changing it?  Mine is set to North Europe but I don't really know what difference it makes and it's so long ago when I set this up I am definitely not an expert!

emoji
  • My Studio is the latest version and I still have the same issue. Could you help me further?

emoji
  •  

Give me a project where I can reproduce this issue using the same version of Trados Studio as you are, and as long as that version is supported, and as long as I am able to reproduce the problem then I'll try to help.

emoji