AI Assistant not working

Hi,

I have just startet using AI assistant (OpenAI gpt-4o model) and it is not working as it should. F. eks. in the example below it should automatically sett "lege" in stead of "dr." because this is how this term is translated in the Termbase "lek.med = lege". AI assistant is enabled with Refine translation prompt. Should it not have insertet "lege" automatically? Or have i misunderstood something?

Please, look at the printscreens below.

Screenshot of a translation software interface showing a term 'lek.med Anna Klima' incorrectly translated as 'dr. Anna Klima'. Term recognition window indicates 'lek.med' should be 'lege'.

AI assistant is not showing that anything is wrong with the sentence, though the word dr. is an incorrect translation of lek.med and "Refine Translation" prompt is on.

Screenshot of AI Assistant panel with 'Refine Translation' prompt selected, showing no translation suggestions and a message 'No matches found or no lookup performed.'

lek.med exists in the activ Termbase, see: Term recognition in the first pic.

My settings are as follows: Is there anything wrong in the settings? or should I do something more than just to tick the right boxes?

Screenshot of settings window for AI translation software. Options for 'Ignore translated segments' and 'Enable Terminology-aware Translation Suggestions' are checked.

Can anyone help to do this the right way?

Or paste a link to the documentation that shows the right way to do it? Thank you in advance.!

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: RWS Community AI at 12:03 PM (GMT 1) on 28 Sep 2024]
emoji
Parents
  • Hello,

I understand that you're having trouble with the AI assistant not translating terms as per your Termbase. Let's try to troubleshoot this issue.

Step 1: Ensure that your Termbase is correctly linked to your project. You can check this in the Project Settings under the Language Pairs and All Language Pairs options.

Step 2: Check if the term "lek.med" is correctly entered in your Termbase with the correct source and target languages.

Step 3: Make sure that the AI assistant is enabled with the "Refine Translation" prompt. This can be checked in the Advanced Translation Settings.

Step 4: If the issue persists, you might want to consider using the Language Cloud terminology instead of MultiTerm. The Language Cloud has a "Linguistic Search" option that can retrieve all terms based on a word's stem or root, providing the perfect or nearest match first.

Step 5: Another option is to use the Trados Copilot AI Assistant with the OpenAI Provider for Trados. This supports AI working with the terms in your Termbase and can ensure you get the correct form for your translation even if it's not actually in your Termbase.

Remember, the AI assistant is designed to assist with translations, but it may not always provide the exact translation as per your Termbase. It's always a good idea to review the translations and make necessary adjustments.

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
Reply Children
No Data