To Delete TB item(s)

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; This code deletes two (2) items within a selected TB.
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; it deletes item(s) on the basis of some kind serialNumber;
; its name called "conceptid" under MS Access or
; it is called "Entry Id" under MultiTermDesktop
; in this sample code the targeted items are two - "2" and "3" of them.
; Warning : this code modifies original TB directly. You'd better play with copy of it at first time

Screenshot of Trados Studio with MS Access and MultiTerm Desktop windows open. Two arrows point to 'conceptid' in Access and 'Entry Id' in MultiTerm, highlighting items 2 and 3 for deletion.

Attached: AutoHotkey source code

Delete TB item.zip

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 4:30 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
Parents Reply
  • I see.  So your thought was process was to copy the existing termbase, identify all the matching terms from your project and then delete what wasn't identified?  As opposed to identify matching terms and copying to a new termbase?

Not judging... only trying to understand your thought process based on that link.

I think a tool like this would be quite useful, better as a plugin so it could be added as a batch task to a project.  I have got this on our own backlog of items to look at when we have time as I think the concept of a project termbase could be quite useful.  It starts to become less important as we do more and more cloud based solutions as you don't need to send so many resources around as file, but I can imagine many users would still find this helpful, especially when working with translators who don't have great internet connectivity, or just prefer to work offline.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
Children