Too slow ?

In general, I like "Language Weaver" when I handle it at FileLevel

But

It took me "5"minutes to make (only) "1,000"segments when I handle it at ProjectLevel

It means, I have to spend several hours when I have lots of files to make "Project"s

Is there any good way to reduce that time ?

Am I select a correct path ?

Trados Studio New Project window showing Translation Memory and Automated Translation settings with Language Weaver selected as the machine translation cloud provider.

Thanks..

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 6:04 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents
  • Hi 

I am running a test on a large file to see what I get. However I do feel its all subjective as you may have 10000 segments but remember NMT works on a per word basis. So these 1000 segments could yield a significant number of words in total.

In my case I have 176747 word which took over 12 minutes to process. I think this equates to 245 words pre translated with NMT per minute which I think despite the 12 minutes is fair.

Trados Studio Pre-translate Files Report showing task details, settings, and totals. Task duration is 12 minutes, 4 seconds. 176747 words updated.

What does your pre-translate analysis report show as it gives the time as well as segment/word breakdown?

I also noted that your app is out of date is its now simply called Language Weaver Cloud. Not that I think it matters but simply to let you know that depending on your Trados Version there maybe a newer app available for you. 

Lyds

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
  • Hi 

I am running a test on a large file to see what I get. However I do feel its all subjective as you may have 10000 segments but remember NMT works on a per word basis. So these 1000 segments could yield a significant number of words in total.

In my case I have 176747 word which took over 12 minutes to process. I think this equates to 245 words pre translated with NMT per minute which I think despite the 12 minutes is fair.

Trados Studio Pre-translate Files Report showing task details, settings, and totals. Task duration is 12 minutes, 4 seconds. 176747 words updated.

What does your pre-translate analysis report show as it gives the time as well as segment/word breakdown?

I also noted that your app is out of date is its now simply called Language Weaver Cloud. Not that I think it matters but simply to let you know that depending on your Trados Version there maybe a newer app available for you. 

Lyds

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
Children