Google API in Studio 2022

Hello, I have purchased Studio 2022 and would like to add a Google MT API. Where can I do that? In Studio 2019, that option was available when I chose a TM for a project:

Trados Studio screenshot showing the Translation Memory and Automated Translation window with 'Google Cloud Translation API' option highlighted.

Thanks

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 6:18 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply
  •  

None of them, you haven't installed it.  It's called "MT Enhanced", so look for that in the appstore and install it first.

I would also say you don't need Language Weaver Edge at all,and you also seem to have some duplication there so remove all the plugins you installed related to Language Weaver Edge.  That is an on-premise solution and probably financially unviable for most freelance translators.

In fact if I was you I'd remove every single plugin I have installed from these locations and then only reinstall the ones I wanted using the integrated appstore:

c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Trados\Trados Studio\17\Plugins
    c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Trados\Trados Studio\17\Plugins
    c:\ProgramData\Trados\Trados Studio\17\Plugins

So go to those locations, delete everything inside the Plugins folders.  In Studio, for example, I can filter by typing the name of the plugin and find it like this:

Trados AppStore interface showing a search for 'mt' with one result, 'MT Enhanced for Trados Studio' plugin by Trados AppStore Team, ready to install.

Then I can install it from here too and it will appear like this after restarting Studio:

Trados Studio plugin selection menu with 'MT Enhanced Trados Plugin' highlighted among other translation memory and machine translation providers.

Then configure in here:

MT Enhanced plugin settings window with options to select 'Google Translator' as the MT Provider, 'V2 - Basic Translation' as the API version, and a field to enter the Google Translate API Key. A warning icon indicates an issue with 'Translation Provider Settings'.

1. select Google as the provider
    2. select the version of the API you wish to work with (probably V2 in your case)
    3. enter your API key
    4. set up any of the options you wish to work with

That's it.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 6:19 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
Children